Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Eileen H

986 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
I Have a New Email Address- Virus Alert!!
11/23/2005 5:29:03 PM
Hi Everyone, First I would like to say, I hope everyone has a ........ Happy Thanksgiving! I will be scarse the next few days. ************************* Now Down to business! :) A very bad email with title : "Ive a new emaill address." Has a virus attached to it. Some one very trusted and Loved sent one to me accidentally. Here is the email and the response from my Computer :) ************************************ ALERT!!! This e-mail in its original form contained one or more attached files that were infected with a virus or worm, or contained another type of security threat. The following attachments were infected and have been repaired: No attachments are in this category. The following attachments were deleted due to an inability to clean them: 1. mailtext.zip/File-packed_dataInfo.exe: W32.Sober.X@mm The Following attachments were not delivered due to inbound mail policy violations: No attachments are in this category. Road Runner does not contact the sender of the infected attachment(s) in the event that they were not actually sent from the indicated party. Please contact the sender directly to alert them of their issue with infected files if you wish to do so. For more information on Road Runner's virus filtering initiative, visit our Help & Member Services pages at http://help.rr.com, or the virus filtering information page directly at http://help.rr.com/faqs/e_mgsp.html. ------------ Original message text follows ------------ This is one! I haven't opened none of them! Anamaria 3DgoZing_Surveys@surveymail.net wrote: From: 3DgoZing_Surveys@surveymail.net To: x_mail-list@yahoo.com Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 17:46:18 UTC Subject: hi, ive a new mail address hey its me, my old address dont work at time. i dont know why?! in the last days ive got some mails. i' think thaz your mails but im not sure! plz read and check ... cyaaaaaaa ****************************************** Please watch your emails Carefully! If you happen to contract one go to : http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ To get a free scan, it also delets for you too, all FREE :) Have a Great Weekend adn Don't get too Stuffed :)
+0
Re: I Have a New Email Address- Virus Alert!!
11/23/2005 5:49:39 PM
Eileen. Thanks for the warning about this particulary nasty virus email. I It sounds like an emailer worm, I expect your friend did not realise that she has it & now it's sending out to all of her email address book friends & when they open it, the same thing will happen & it will spread & block up all the server's. It is only because you have a decent email virus program that your email system is not now doing the same thing. Your security friend in Las Vegas.
+0
Doris Shewchuk

127 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/23/2005 5:56:19 PM
Hi Guys, I'm so glad that I haven't received this one yet. Thanks for the warning. Love n light, Doris
Our spiritual essence is what carries us through in life and in death. Love is the answer that we all seek and love is the only cure for a planet gone mad. ~~Doris Shewchuk
+0
Donna Lira

572 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/23/2005 6:03:24 PM
Hi Eileen, Thanks for the invite and the heads up on this one. I haven't yet received anything like it, but will keep my eyes open. Thanks for all you do to alert us, you are much appreciated. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! Your friend Donna aka texgirl
+0
Lisa Westberry

1972 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/23/2005 7:39:03 PM
Gosh!!! Those Worms are terriable. Thank you Eileen for the Info. Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving. Your Friend,
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!