Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
For Winston
11/16/2005 5:16:01 PM
Hey Winston; ========================================== It would also have been nice if you had added what she has said about Network Marketing (MLM) so that people could compare and see that there are differences without having to assume it. It feels almost like getting half the information . . . Now if you hadn't mentioned Network Marketing (MLM) ========================================== LOL. True enough. As I was typing, I had to edit many times because the original was so long that it pushed the boundaries of one post. Basically, she said that a "real" MLM that's viable is one that emphasizes a product or service that is sold to the public and does not require people to "join up" to buy it. Ie, getting the product/service out to the public is the primary focus and the downline is a way to achieve that, not the "purpose" itself. But here's my "bibliography" for this article. lol Somehow I think you'll enjoy these; http://www.ftc.gov/speeches/other/dvimf16.htm http://www.sec.gov/answers/pyramid.htm http://www.sec.gov/answers/ponzi.htm : ) Linda
+0
Deborah Skovron

2979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Who's Stealing from Peter?
11/16/2005 5:30:02 PM
Hi Linda, I agree completely, all day long I get offers for all these different opportunities.Doesn't anybody actually sell anything that is real and that somebody can use? It seems that most people are much more interested in getting the pipe dream than actually trying to build a legitimate business. I can't tell you how many people have asked me how they can become an affiliate of my business. I don't have affiliates, I just get online everyday and try to get as much exposure for my site that I can to attract real customers that wish to buy my product. I am not being critical, but some people have gotten attitudes and acted like if you don't join them you are the one that is wrong. I know that there are some people out there that have made money on some of these schemes but I think that is the exception not the rule. I am stillvery new to all this but it seems to me that if you are serious about making money long term on the internet you should really be looking at something more stable than what these opportunities offer Enough from me, probably shouldn't even be saying anything considering how new I am to this, but just had to say it.
BrandName Kidswear starting at $2.65. http://debs-kids.com 12 Page Book thats creating miracles...FREE http://www.debs-kids.com/star-thrower.pdf Where Money Grows Like Kids
+0
For Lingo...
11/16/2005 5:35:16 PM
Hi Lingo ======================================== Aside from that, I know that there are lots of people that dislike traffic exchange sites for advertising. ======================================== Keep in mind that there is a big difference between "traffic exchange" and "autosurf" -- they are NOT the same. Imagine this. There is a computer turned on and I am sitting in front of it. For each website I look at, I earn a credit for someone else to look at MY site. That is traffic exchange. Now imagine there is a computer turned on. No one is sitting in front of it. Instead, there is a man in the next room watching tv. The computer is using a software program to send "hits" to my server, but no one is SEEING my website. That is AUTOsurf. Auto means automatic. It is possible to get business from traffic generation of LIVE people - but only for those who know how to write an ad that pulls. Most don't know how. But it is not possible to get a computer program that sends a hit to a server to sign up for anything. AUTO surf is a waste of computer resources and bandwidth and does not result in any sales. That has been proven over and over again. Anyone that thinks autosurf can bring customers either does not understand what "auto" means or does not understand English. And that's NOT intended as a criticism of anyone - but AUTOsurf is not humans looking with their eyeballs. ======================================== Some friends and I jokingly quote one of our favorite one liners, "You can't trust anyone, because you're untrustable". ======================================== Well - that's one angle. It's true that people who can't be trusted seldom trust anyone else. But there's another way to look at it. If you walk into a den of theives, I hope you're not going to trust them just because you are a trustable person. There is "trusting" and there is "gullible." If it looks like a pyramid and it smells like a pyramid - I don't trust it. I haven't stayed in business for myself for 26 years by being gullible. *wink* : ) Linda
+0
For Deb!
11/16/2005 5:45:32 PM
Hi Deb! Good to see you here! =========================================== It seems that most people are much more interested in getting the pipe dream than actually trying to build a legitimate business. =========================================== You're very right. Some of them need to see that, themselves. =========================================== I can't tell you how many people have asked me how they can become an affiliate of my business. I don't have affiliates, I just get online everyday and try to get as much exposure for my site that I can to attract real customers that wish to buy my product. =========================================== Oh, I just had to reply to this part. I think you should think of a way that people can team up with you. Gee- there are flea markets in every city across the USA. You could let other Moms set up a table at the flea market - buy from you in 6's - and sell for whatever price they want. They get a little home business that they run on the weekend - and you have steady customers. Or let them do home parties. Same thing. Send them a brochure or catalog - and they order through you. With how low your prices are, there's lots of room to sell clothing at lower than store prices and have both you and other Moms that sell for you both making some profit. ========================================== I know that there are some people out there that have made money on some of these schemes but I think that is the exception not the rule. I am stillvery new to all this but it seems to me that if you are serious about making money long term on the internet you should really be looking at something more stable than what these opportunities offer. Enough from me, probably shouldn't even be saying anything considering how new I am to this, but just had to say it. ========================================== Oh - but it's precisely because you are so new that your contribution is valuable. You see, a lot of people think that I know the stuff I know because I've been doing business online since the nineties. But, you haven't. You're new... and YOU can see it, too. You can see the value of building something stable. And that's what others need to see, too. It's fun to buy lottery tickets and hope for easy money. But that's not a business. And the ones that are illegal - they're just inviting trouble. : ) Linda
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Who's Stealing from Peter?
11/16/2005 5:54:13 PM
Hi, Linda Thanks for the credit...I don't remember saying that but I certainly agree with it. I usually say it with regard to people getting out of debt and taking control of their financial situations. It's too bad that people can't think critically and figure these things out for themselves, and I include myself in this indictment. I like your post because you have taken the time to do OUR homework and are brave enough to give it to us straight instead of opting for neutrality in the name of getting along with everybody. We can all benefit from your example. Yes, I'll invite my friends to this forum. I think that the more we can all educate the really wonderful people here at Adland, the less they'll waste their time. Cheri
+0