Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Article: Poor Tom Just Can't Get A Break. You Won't Make This Mistake, Will You?
11/12/2005 4:21:43 PM
I don't know Linda. Why did you post this loser in a For-Profit forum? :-) I mean this in the nicest way. Could it be that poor old Tom was not motivated by making money? Many people and corporations have profited from Tom and I would imagine that as long as there are humans, history will repeat itself. Like Tom, I don't give up. I have made many mistakes and some have been very entertaining. I remember seeing a documentary on Grace Hopper where she made the statement; "When in doudt, go for it!" I can say that I have followed her advise a few times in the pass and I doudt I will ....Hmmm The article reminded me of an advise that I frequently give myself and pass on to others. Do what is fun and earn a living from the by-products of your playing.
+0
Re: Article: Poor Tom Just Can't Get A Break. You Won't Make This Mistake, Will You?
11/13/2005 3:16:00 PM
Hey Jack: =========================================== I don't know Linda. Why did you post this loser in a For-Profit forum? I mean this in the nicest way. Could it be that poor old Tom was not motivated by making money? =========================================== I'd love to be such a loser that I was the founder of GE. lol =========================================== The article reminded me of an advise that I frequently give myself and pass on to others. Do what is fun and earn a living from the by-products of your playing. =========================================== That would be the definition of perfect. Making lots of money and hating what you do every day doesn't sound like a goal to me... but feeling like you're getting income from what you love doing anyway - that's a worthwhile goal. : ) Linda
+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/13/2005 7:11:33 PM
Hello Linda and Jack, Jack's comment: =========================================== The article reminded me of an advise that I frequently give myself and pass on to others. Do what is fun and earn a living from the by-products of your playing. =========================================== Totally agree. Linda's reply: =========================================== That would be the definition of perfect. Making lots of money and hating what you do every day doesn't sound like a goal to me... but feeling like you're getting income from what you love doing anyway - that's a worthwhile goal. =========================================== Again, totally agree. Wonderful stuff indeed. Gary Simpson
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!