Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Now the Scammers are trying to use Toyota to catch you.
10/23/2005 10:20:37 AM
Hello everyone. Below I have copied an email I received this week. On researching into it, the addresses are all false, & I'm in communication with Toyota about this 'phishing email' I thought that it was in the best interests of ALP members, to see this email, as some could get caught by it. It is a CON, if you get it, do not answer it. ----------------------------------------------- The email headline is. From: "Toyota Car Lottery Promos" Subject: PRIZE...AWARD The Lottery Department Toyota Car Promotions 53 Dorset Street, London, W1U 7NG United Kingdom PRIZE...AWARD This is to inform you that have been selected for a cash prize of £3,600,000.00 (Three Million Six Hundred Thousand Great British Pounds)and a brand new toyota car (Toyota Prius) International programs held on the 20th september 2005 in the London Uk. Description Of New Toyota Car to be Shipped to you. New Toyota Car :......................Year 2005 Model COLOUR OF CAR:.......................Light Blue Colour MODEL:...............................Toyota Prius 2.0i ES Manual ENGINE TYPE:.........................1973cc 4-cylinder POWER:...............................145bhp TRANSMISSIONS:......................Five-speed manual FUEL:................................29.1mpg (combined) The selection process was carried out through random selection in our computerized email selection system(ess) from a database of over 250,000 email addresses drawn from all the continents of the world. This Toyota car Lottery is approved by the British Gaming Board and also Licensed by the The International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR). This promotional car lottery is the tenth of its kind and we intend to sensitize the public. To begin the processing of your prize you are to contact your claims officer through our accredited Prize Transfer agents as stated below: Mr. Will Ball, Haandvaerkervej 8,1 DK-9000 Aalborg United Kingdom Email:willball1203@uk2.net Phone Number:+447031943217 Time to call(10am to 5pm london time GMT) When contacting him, please provide him with your secret pin code tyt4234bg and your reference number 6y2005udx.You are also advised to provide him with the under listed information as soon as possible: Claims Requirements: 1.Name in full 2.Address 3.Nationality 4.Age 5.Occupation 6.Phone/Fax 7.Present Country If you do not contact your claims agent within 7 working days of this notification,your winnings would be revoked. Winners are advised to keep their winning details/information from the public to avoid fraudulent claim (IMPORTANT)pending the transfer/claim by Winner. Accept my hearty congratulations once again! Regards Mrs Nancy zealy Lottery Manager --------------------------------------------- Do not be taken in by this email, supposedly from Toyota. Your security friend in Las Vegas.
+0
Vaurn James

73 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Now the Scammers are trying to use Toyota to catch you.
10/23/2005 10:32:55 AM
Yes, the scammers are trying new tricks.The reality is that these scammers are not very good at their trade because when you read their nonsense it has so many obvious errors that one could only conclude it was fake.
+0
Donna Lira

572 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
10/23/2005 10:48:51 AM
Hi Anthony, Thanks for the invite. Boy this is one I have not seen as yet. Thanks for sharing. Your friend Donna aka texgirl
+0
10/23/2005 11:00:16 AM
Well, then they can not fool me, cause I do not drive or would not have Toyota :-) I get a lot of scams this days, mostly free creditcards, credits and loan without any question. How stupid can this scam`ers be??? Well, they are kind of smart, cause they earn a lot on people who really does`nt know about scam. Maybe if we ask Bogdan, we can put an AD on the mainpage, so ALL can get message about scams and maybe also blacklisted oppz?? Thanks for Your serious help for all of us Anthony - You are a true friend.
+0
10/23/2005 11:33:35 AM
Howdy Neighbor! Thanks for sharing Anthony. This one I haven't seen before. I get my share of scammer emails on a daily basis. As someone else said, most are pretty obvious, especially if you're on top of things in your financial world. The scammers aren't trying to get those of us who know our situation, who we talked too, who we deal with; they're going for the uninformed, the people who want something for nothing, the desperate. It's a shame, but now a fact of life I guess. Hope you've been having a good weekend, Lorraine
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!