Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Blogging, or weblogging, is growing in popularity ...
11/27/2005 12:09:57 AM
Can I join in on this to ask for some assistance in helping develop a new blog I am creating - just for fun! As along term international ad-man (over 50 years!) I have become fascinated by brands and their origins. I have already created a CD-rom on the subject and another on the History of Packaging and Labelling, but now I wnat to extend this into a true study - but wrapped around brand trivia. I would like to receive information - by any method - mail, e-mail, blog, corporate brochures, anecdotal, about brand origins, how the names came about, what affected brand choices. For example Marlboro cigarettes - the iconic male brand, originated in the UK and the name was taken from Marlborough Street in London where they were first made - but when moved to America they couldn't make sense of the 'ough' and dropped it and added an 'o'instead. Plus it was a female brand until the 1950's. That sort of thing - but not necessarily that extensive. We live in a world of brands and I at least think it is interesting to know something of their backgrounds. My new and first blog is (I hope) under the name of http://www.associatesintraining/Normspot I will see if this actually works as I am a newby on this. Thanks for your help!
Norm Clark
+0
11/27/2005 9:42:04 PM
Norm: Just a few thoughts here. As soon as I create a posting in a forum, I study it to look for any unexpected errors such as links not working etc. Any errors I find I correct by editing the same post. When I clicked on the link near bottom of your post the link did not work. So I tried inserting "dot com" (.com) in front of slash Normspot and the revised link worked. However the photo in your blog profile was so huge (about 2 or 3 times the width of my monitor screen) that it took several minutes to load the profile page. There are free programs that can resize graphics making them much smaller and much faster to load. So the main thought is to test any links you create whether in a blog or on a regular webpage or in any ads you create. Go to those newly created links and click on them to see if they work the way you expected them to. All the best. Happy blogging. Wayne Ellis
+0
11/27/2005 11:25:38 PM
Dear Wayne, many, many thanks for the input. Lving here in the depths of rural France I literally have to find my own way through anything like this as there is literally no-one to discuss with (plus my lousy French wouldn't help either even if there were!) I have contacted Tripod to find out the true address as I can't find it anywhere on the SiteBuilder. I also saw the picture was huge - and I wouldn't impose that much of me on anyone! I have a smaller pic., and thought that was the one I was downloading. This week also saw the arrival of ADSL on my computer, and that has messed up all my settings, lost my address book, and generally gave me a week-long headache - hope it is about right now. I will try and sort things out today - so thanks again for the help. Cheers Norm
Norm Clark
+0
11/30/2005 1:42:50 PM
I've only just started taking an active part in AdlandPro but had to find my way to the blogging forum. Being well over the optimum age for understanding cPanel etc (which I think is about 12) blogging was my perfect introduction to owning a bit of cyberspace. I look foward to picking up many tips here Jacquie
Newbies are Winners Too!
+0
Shelly Hargis

523 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
12/2/2005 1:21:56 AM
Hi Kenneth. This is a Fun and Exciting Invention, Blogs. I Love Blogging even though I havent updated it in a Few Days. I am going there Now to Update it. :) Thanks for the Information. Your Friend, Shelly Hargis
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!