Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: When Mental Illness Takes Away Someone You Love
2/12/2006 6:31:13 PM
This was the same man who put me away, and who cheated on me several times and who lowered my self esteem. But I forgave him and in doing that he was able to change. I didn't have him changed for very long, but the last couple of years we had were better. Now that he's gone I have begun to rebuild my life and have my daughter and grandson to help me to move on. My daughter has enlisted in the Navy and will be going off to basic training soon and I'll be here taking care of my grandson and making sure he gets to school on time every day and helping him with his homework, doing all the mommy stuff I didn't get to do when I was sick. Later on when she finishes basic the navy is going to pay me to be her nanny while she's in AIT. I'll finally get to travel the world with her and the navy will be footing the bill. I'm looking forward to a new life and a brand new lifestyle. I miss the army even though I didn't get to fullfill my dreams there. I really did like the military life, going from place to place and flying first class. God can take away, but he can also give you more than you ever thought possible. Sometimes you just have to be willing to let go and Let Him have his way! Becky
DID YOU KNOW? The U.S. Social Security Board reports that 85 out of 100 Americans reaching age 65 don't possess as much as $250. And only 2% are self-sustaining (the rest dependent on family, church, or the government)! Want to know what the "2-percenters" know that you don't? www.sfi4.com/11579740/FREE
+0
2/12/2006 7:47:01 PM
Hi Again Becky So, there really is light at the end of the tunnel. It looks like life is going to start making up for some of the lost time in your past now. It sounds like you have a lot of wonderful plans made with your daughter and grandson. I hope that the three of you get to live our your wildest dreams and that every wish you ever make comes true. Thank You for your wonderful message of hope Rebecca. I will be sure to share it with others as time goes on. Take Care My Friend and say hello to your daughter and grandson for us. Us as in Myself, Ally and Summer. You have all of our best wishes for sure. May a smile follow you to sleep each night,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and be there waiting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, when you awaken. Sincerly, Bill Vanderbilt Mental Health And Political Forums http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShow.aspx?ForumID=8212 http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShow.aspx?ForumID=9637 http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShow.aspx?ForumID=8259 http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShow.aspx?ForumID=13254 http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShow.aspx?ForumID=11791 Business Forums http://wv0079721.betteruniverse.com http://www.ourpowerforcedmatrix.com/team.php?UID=10561
May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0
10/15/2006 1:36:18 PM

Hello Everybody

The end result of not having adaquet mental health care provided to those who suffer with a mental illness can be devastating. Some lose their jobs or their families. Some lose their ability to function in society. Others reach a point where they just have nothing left to lose but their very lives. Then, there are those who pay the ultimate price. They lose their lives. Here is an article that dipicts this sad state of affairs in a very real way. Some of us are lucky enough to get proper treatment and live normal lives.  Many of us find ourselves behind bars. Some of us lead a very painful life that seems to never end. Then, there are those who are relieved of their misery in a very quick and permanant way. They are shot and killed.

Why were they shot?

Daryl Passmore

October 15, 2006 12:00am

Article from: The Sunday Mail (Qld)

Font size: + -

Send this article: Print Email

DION Waite was a generous 30-year-old factory worker from Regents Park, in Brisbane's south, who lived for the gym and loved to cook meals for his family – and who once ran naked through a shopping centre.

Gold Coaster James Jacobs, 29, was a gifted school sportsman. He came to Australia 17 years ago with his family to escape the violence of their native South Africa – and finished up pulling a knife on police who tried to arrest him for an attempted carjack on an elderly woman.

James Gear, 23, from the Ipswich suburb of Coalfalls, was a normal bloke who loved sport and playing with his young nephews. But his family believes it was the schizophrenia he developed from marijuana that led to him attacking police who had come to the family house to investigate a minor disturbance.

And Mieng Huyng was a 40-year-old who lived in a small unit at a Queensland Housing complex in Brisbane's trendy inner-city West End. He was a quiet man who kept to himself – and gave off an energy that encouraged neighbours to keep their distance.

Four different men who never met but shared two things in common – all suffered mental illness, and all were shot dead by police.

In an unusual move, State Coroner Michael Barnes will examine the circumstances of their deaths in a series of co-ordinated inquests beginning tomorrow.

"The inquests will consider whether the force used by the police in each incident was justified and whether they could have responded in any other way," Mr Barnes said when the hearings were announced.

"Other matters to be considered include whether any inadequacy in the mental health treatment provided to the men may have indirectly contributed to their deaths."

The move to look at the deaths together has been welcomed by groups representing people with mental illness, as a long-overdue opportunity to investigate systemic issues around the accessibility and efficiency of mental health care.

And it will be welcomed by police who, with minimal training, daily find themselves having to deal with incidents involving people with mental illness.

For the families, it's a chance to give some meaning to their loss.

Mr Jacobs' mother, Jan Kealton of Broadbeach Waters, told The Sunday Mail: "James was my only son. Of course, his death has brought at times almost unbearable grief to (husband) Leigh and me. I can only hope that his death and our suffering will not have been completely in vain.

"Mental illness has become an increasingly pervasive problem and it is crucial that society learns to deal with it. That's what makes this inquest so extremely important.

"I am hoping it will help change the way we see and deal with mental illness in our community.

The first death to be examined will be that of Dion Waite. He was shot through the heart by a policeman when he allegedly lunged at a dog handler while armed with two knives after jumping naked over a neighbour's garden fence.

Officers were called to a disturbance at his mother's house on the afternoon on October 24, 2003, and police negotiators were brought in. Mr Waite's family say he and his condition were known to police, who had taken him to hospital previously.

His mother, Gaye Marino, said he was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia as a teenager in New Zealand but claimed several attempts to have him admitted to hospital as an in-patient at Logan Hospital were unsuccessful.

Mieng Huyng died on Boxing Day 2003, when he was shot five times by police after stabbing three neighbours and then attacking a council worker in a nearby street.

James Jacobs was shot in the abdomen when he allegedly threatened two officers with a knife in a Southport street on March 24, 2005. They were investigating an attempted carjacking.

Mr Jacobs had spent a decade in and out of hospital after being diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia but his family said he had been removed from supervision by mental health services.

James

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,,20579783-3102,00.html

May a smile follow you to sleep each night,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
           and be there waiting,,, when you awaken.

Sincerly, Bill Vanderbilt

Mental Health And Political Forums Respectively

The following link will take you to a program that I gave up on once but, I am now involved with again. Simply because a few friends of mine believe so whole heartedly in this program that they actually kept me in it for several months.

May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0
June Miller

2 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
10/16/2008 12:06:17 AM

I can feel your pain.  Mental illness comes in many forms.  I have struggled with it myself for 20 years and some days are worse than others.  But I know how hard it is to lose someone to an illness that is hard to comprehend.  My husband has Multiple Sclerosis.  No one ever told me how much it can affect a person's mind.  I was prepared for him to have mobility issues but I had no idea that mental health issues were a part of it.  We were married 6 months when he first became ill.  It took 4 years to get a diagnosis and when we did get one I was able to accept a physical disability, to me that was no big deal.  but nothing prepared me for watching my husband go from an Emergency Room Nurse to a child.  Now instead of having a husband I Have a child to look after.  His mood swings so mulch I don't know what reaction I will get. Meds don't really work and I feel like I have to babysit him all the time.  I can go out for a couple hours and he feels like I have deserted him for the whole week.  It's so hard some times when I really want someone to support me and I have to be the caregiver all  the time.  His mental illness is very much like early onset Alzheimer's.  His short term memory is limited and so is the last 14 years we have spent together.  He remembers a great deal of his first marriage down to whole conversations, but he can't remember anything we have done in our life together.  All he remembers is the bad luck we have had in our marriage, as he puts it.  I don't regret marry him at all but I sure wish we could have had the marriage I had dreamed about when we fell in love.

All I can say is that  wish our life together had been different but all I can say is that you hold onto he good you have in life and deal with the difficult stuff the best way you can and when you are feeling all alone in your position you need  to reach out to those who can help you like mental health therapist, your church and your friends and family.  Those are the things that get you through the tough times.

On the Road to Success, June Miller 403-854-488 Skype: june.miller3 mjmbug@telus.net
+0
10/16/2008 5:39:45 PM

Hello June

My heart and prayers go out to you and your husban. Oddly enough though, I have heard many stories similar to yours over the last few years and the diagnosis of MS is one that is commonly wrong.

I too have been diagnosed with MS. As well as lyme desease, bone cancer, bone marrow cancer, early stage leukemia, chronic pain and fatigue syndromes, mental illness, fobromyalgia, hearing loss, vertigo ansd a host of other illnesses. Upon further testing, none of the above diagnoses were correct. I am now convinced that exposure to toxic mold is the root cause of all of my ailments.

I am going to post a partial listy of potential symptoms of mycotoxicosis. This is an illness that is related to toxic mold exposure. When ever I hear about someone getting the diagnosis of MS I am immediately suspicious. Nearly everyone I know with toxic mold illness has had that diagnosis as well as many other suspected diagnoses. The fact that both you and your husband have some of the symptoms of mold related illnesses I am curious to hear about your symptoms. Here is the list. Please read over it and compare this information to the symptoms that have led you and your husband to this point. Mold is now being scientifically connected to many different types of illness that are seldom diagnosed properly.

MOLD OR BIOTOXIN SYMPTOMS
Fatigue
Weakness
Aches
Cramps
Unusual Pain
Ice Pick Pain
Lightning Bolt Pain
Headache
Light Sensitivity
Red Eyes
Blurred Vision
Tearing
Sinus
Cough
Shortness of Breath
Abdominal Pain
Diarrhea
Joint Pain
Morning Stiffness
Numbness
Tingling
Metallic Taste
Vertigo
Memory
Focus/Concentration
Confusion
Decreased Assimilation of New Knowledge
Decreased Word Finding Ability
Disorientation
Skin Sensitivity
Excessive Thirst
Frequent Urination
Static/Shocks
Sweats - especially night sweats
Mood Swings
Temperature Regulation
Appetite Swings
Most toxic mold or biotoxin-exposed patients have an average of 18 of these symptoms.

I actually have 32 of these symptoms. Vertigo and hearing loss are the worst for me. I have been to over 15 different doctors and still, no one will connect all of my symptoms with toxic mold. Very few doctors know to test for mycotoxins. If they only test for the fungal infection they can easily miss the real problem.

Sincerely, Billdaddy

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!