Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Article #3 : Affiliate Success Checklist
10/7/2005 3:16:27 AM
You may have read this in the Adland Digest... here it is for you to read and ask any questions you might have. ======================================== Affiliate Success Checklist ======================================== According to emarketer.com, online sales are predicted to hit 26.2 billion between Oct. 1 and Dec. 31, 2005. That’s over 8 billion dollars trading hands per month, not including travel, finance or ticket sales. A fair chunk of that will be earned through affiliates - who will be paid accordingly. Here’s the shocker.
98% of affiliates earn little or nothing. --> According to AffTrack CEO Scott McNulty, 2 percent of affiliates make 98 percent of the commissions. --> Wendy Salomon, Vice President of Account Management for LinkShare said about 20% of affiliates actually do any good business for a given company. --> The Internet Affiliate Marketing Association estimates that fewer than 5 percent of Internet affiliates earn over $100 a month. For the parent companies, when 2% of the affiliates are already making 98% of the sales, it’s simply not cost effective to hand hold the 98% that are only earning 2% of the revenue. So, it’s up to you to learn what works. Checklist for Success; The following seven strategies are used by the majority of super affiliates. How many of them do you use? Check the strategies you use to see where you could improve your affiliate results. _____ 1. Super Affiliates choose their market first, their products second. Whether you choose to sell dog products, kids products, or health products doesn't matter. What matters is that you choose your market first, and your products second, based on your chosen market. Otherwise, you risk ending up looking like an online flea market. When choosing products, make sure they pay a viable commission, too. It's pretty hard to make a substantial income if you only earn pennies per referral. _____ 2. Super Affiliates know their market Many affiliates fail because they don't know anything about their market. For example, if you sell internet marketing products, but you've never sold anything online, can you really compete with people that have and do? Maybe you should sell something else first to learn how it’s done? _____ 3. Super Affiliates have a website and domain name based on their market. Content drives sales. You may be able to get away with just a blog, or at least start with one, but you need a web presence. An ad or an affiliate link just doesn't say you’re serious about building a business and making sales online. Hobby effort equals hobby results. Fun, but no money. _____ 4. Super Affiliates mask or cloak affiliate links on their website. It’s estimated that 80% of unmasked links will be stripped of your affiliate id and you'll never get the sale. Unmasked links are great branding for the parent company, but don't do much to help you make sales.. _____ 5. Super Affiliates build a mailing list or other conversion system. Almost no one buys the first time they see a product. A mailing list is the easiest way to achieve repeat contact. If you don't want a mailing list, you need some other method of achieving repeat contact with your visitors or you'll have nothing but hit and run traffic and little or no sales. _____ 6. Super Affiliates write and distribute articles and product reviews The number one reason that super affiliates sell as much as they do is that they are credible in their industry. Writing articles and reviews can offer that credibility. Of course, if you offer the thumbs up to lousy products in your reviews, you'll lose any credibility just as fast. _____ 7. Super Affiliates promote and strive to become known in their chosen market. You don't make any money being invisible. Super affiliates spend 75% of their time promoting and marketing their websites… they don't do it by cramming affiliate links down people’s throats. They promote their content, personality and expertise in their chosen market. As retailers rake in millions a day over the remainder of 2005, will you be earning a substantial income or will you be left wondering why affiliate programs don't work for you? If you have checked off all seven of the above tips and you're still struggling, try these; Ask for a profit review, here; http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShowPost.aspx?PostID=155139 Or ask for a website review, here; http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShowPost.aspx?PostID=134917
+0
Mark Hodgetts

71 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Article #3 : Affiliate Success Checklist
10/7/2005 3:40:32 AM
Excellent article - well done! I can't add anything to it other than to say that you have confirmed for me that my current strategies are on the right track. Thanks
+0
Jay
Jay F

38 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
10/7/2005 4:10:28 AM
Hi Linda, That's a great article Linda! We all need to be in that top 2 percent here. Would you like to syndicate your article on my web site? I have some subscribers who would really appreciate it. I would love to add it in today's or Monday's articles if it is ok with you. Send me a message if your are interested. Thanks, Jon
+0
10/7/2005 5:02:12 AM
Thank You for a very good article Linda, You for sure know the right things about networking, I hear this every day from my networkers who can not manage, will not use what they are told........ and never will succeed. But I never let them off, I support them to they turn around or live, by training and motivation + more.. Keep on with Your good work here.
+0
Adebola Oni

52 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
10/7/2005 5:17:55 AM
Love this Linda. I am going to print it out and have it read everyday. I am also grabbing an account with this sites that shorten affiliate links. Thanks So much. Bola
Get My Motivational Book @: http://www.the-life-lessons.com Just Released: http://www.super-inspirational-stories.com Getting What You Want Easily: http://bola1oneal.simpleology.com
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!