Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Are you familiar with Murphy?
10/3/2005 6:49:31 PM
Hello Winston, I trust that Linda will excuse me for answering this one. I am Linda's cohort so to speak. Husband, business partner, chief cook and sometimes bottle washer. (Yes I do the cooking most of the time!) In regards to the stats for the new web site. We are hosting this on our servers and as such as a part of the overall project I am watching the stats on the site. With our hosting we include some very dynamic stats tracking that is updated on the fly. I am able to see who came to the site, where they came from, what page they entered on, what page they exited from and everything in between. I am able to distingush between new unique viweres vs return viewers. I have the ability to track countires and ISPs that people visit from. I also have the ability to track when a search bot visits and which bots visit the site. I can even tell how many people added the site to their bookmarks. With the various stas reporting tools we include woth hosting I can understand what is working and happening with the site and that allows us to tweak any marketing and conversion plans as we go. I prefer to use these types of real time stats, as if there is ever a problem on the internet route between the third party stats server and our server then those stats will be lost and they do not have the intense tracking ability that we get with a resident stats program. This isn't to say that statcounter.com isn't a good tool, as we have used it as well, it just doest not present the same amount of detail and there are some problems, other than being off site as mentioned above, that users can get confused by. For instance, when you place the tracking code on your web page, if the viewer does not allow the page to fully load before clicking on another link, then the page load will not be counted by the reporting software as the tracking code was not loaded into the browser. This can happen more with repeat visits when people re-visit your site and already know they want to go to a different section, other than the main page, such as a shopping cart as an exmaple.
+0
Of course... and thanks for asking!
10/3/2005 7:01:33 PM
Hi Winston: I missed this part of your post above... =============== It would be most interesting to hear updates on how Deborah is making out with this site as time goes by. Is that a possibility? =============== Absolutely! I'd really like to see my forum a place where we help people really grow what they're doing online. Keeping track over time would be a wonderful addition to that. Thanks for suggesting it - and yes, we'll do that. Then we can watch the growth of our members here. : ) Linda
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!