Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Sharon Willard

84 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Monday Review - What do you think?
9/26/2005 3:10:41 PM
Hello Linda, Im new on the internet also and Im always looking for new ideas. Thanks for the invite. Sharon
+0
9/26/2005 6:30:51 PM
Well for starters I would suggest that the information contained in the ad could very easily be put into a one or two page website. She could then promote her own URL to the search engines and other classified sites. One of the advantages I could see from doing this is that she would not risk losing traffic to the link in the top right hand corner of the current ad. Also given the recent storms that hit the Amercian south I am sure that she could locate some "local" charities or churches and have a clothing drive. People that would come to her website could donate clothes at a very resonable cost and there would be a lot of happier kids that have currently lost everything. I mean 70% off. She could have a Pay Pal button that would allow for donations and with the bulk discounts offered a little money would go a long way. She could then have the items sent directly to the areas where they are most needed and be assured that they would be distributed to those in need. This would also help her to build her own client list that she could send a list of New Specials to every once in a while. I am sure that the parent company, from the looks of it, are always adding new inventory and clearing out the older stuff. Yes that's it, that's the answer, she could put all this on her own small website and build it over time. She would be able to develop a client list and a loyal customner base. At the rate kids grow, these prices would have her constantly busy. A little bit of the right promotion, a couple times a week, and she would be doing quite well in a very short period of time. I am not sure if that was the line of thought you had on this but that is where I would start.
+0
Lisa Westberry

1972 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/26/2005 8:18:06 PM
Hello Linda, Your so sweet in helping others with there business. I am not very good at this kind of stuff. I see that the site is a bit on the not so organized side. Needs more lift in color and separation of items and listings. Some more visual with people or children. Advertising in the right place. Peter of course has some very professional opinions here. He always does. More experience with Websites. Payment option is a really big plus too. Hope this helps a little. Your Good Friend,
+0
9/27/2005 2:06:35 PM
My immediate observation is I don't know the company that would be getting my money if I placed a purchase. Also, the price doesn't mean much if I don't get a sense of quality and trustworthyness.
+0
Jim
Jim White

68 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/27/2005 2:39:15 PM
. . This is a classified ad on a class ad site right? Is it her web site? The parent site looks good. I would say that the coupon code needs to transfer somehow to the parent site because I may forget about it after I start looking at the products. Now, I did not try to purchase anything, does it request the coupon code when you try to purchase? Also, I would move the statement about the savings and put it directly with the coupon code. "In order to save 75% use coupon code ####", instead of having them separated. That's my take on it.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!