Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
A major VIRUS ALERT for ALL at Adlandpro
9/13/2005 1:10:55 PM
Hi everyone. Most of you probably already have received this alert from either James Settles or Kathy Martin, but for the ones who have not, here it is. Hello my friends,This was sent to me by a friend here at adland,Please pay very close attention to this,thanks,kathy martin --------------------------------------------- Somebody by the name ofVivekabarathi@yahoo.co.in may add you. don't accept it. It's a virus. Tell everyone on your bulletin because if somebody on your list adds them, you get the virus too. Tell everyone on your list not to topen anything fro mVivekabarathi. It is a hard drive killer and a very horrible virus. Pass this letter to everyone on your buddy list. Right click on the group name of your buddy list and click. --------------------------------------------- Two things here. First. Pass on to everyone you know on your friends list, buddy list email list etc. Secondly, DON'T click on it, you may have the best virus protection money can buy, but this is a new one & not all programs have updated yet.
+0
Doris Shewchuk

127 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: A major VIRUS ALERT for ALL at Adlandpro
9/13/2005 2:20:28 PM
Thanks Anthony, I hadn't heard of this one yet, but I'll sure keep my eyes open. Light and love, Doris
Our spiritual essence is what carries us through in life and in death. Love is the answer that we all seek and love is the only cure for a planet gone mad. ~~Doris Shewchuk
+0
Antonina Mayzlin

33 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/13/2005 3:14:51 PM
Thank Anthony for the warning!
+0
9/13/2005 3:57:33 PM
Dear Anthony, Thanks, I did see it from a couple of other sources. Apparently it has to do with Yahoo Messenger, someone trying to add you to their messenger list, and the virus somehow being downloaded when you accept the invitation? I'm not sure if I got that totally correct, but I received an email earlier today from Kathy saying that it has something to do with Yahoo Messenger, and it is coming from someone here at Adland Pro. (Growth pains, I guess, lol.) Thought I'd share what she wrote. Be safe, everyone! Sincerely,
Shannon Bolin
http://www.myspace.com/shannontucker1
+0
9/17/2005 5:45:22 PM
Hello Anthony, I have been warned of another virus alert. I was going to create a new thread but wasnt sure if that would lead me to having emails regarding the new thread so I just thought it best to post it here and you can decide if a new thread is needed. This warning was sent to me by my friend here at Adland Janice WORST VIRUS EVER --- CNN ANNOUNCED PLEASE SEND THIS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR CONTACT LIST!! A new virus has just been discovered that has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive ever. This virus was discovered yesterday afternoon by McAfee . This virus simply destroys Sector Zero from the hard disk, where vital information for its functioning are stored. This virus acts in the following manner: It sends itself automatically to all contacts on your list with the title: "A Card for You". As soon as the supposed virtual card is opened the computer freezes so that the user has to reboot. When the ctrl+alt+ del keys or the reset button are pressed, the virus destroys Sector Zero, thus permanently destroying the hard disk. Yesterday in just a few hours this virus caused panic in New York , according to news broadcast by CNN. This alert was received by an employee of Microsoft itself. So don't open any mails with subject: "A Virtual Card for You. " As soon as you get the mail, delete it !! Even if you know the sender !!! Please pass this mail to all of your friends. Forward this to everyone in your address book. I'm sure most people, like myself, would rather receive this notice 25 times than not at All Dawn Marie
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!