Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Nan
Nan Herring

3059 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: SEE THE BRIGHT SIDE OF THINGS
9/12/2005 7:39:13 PM
love it, Ana Maria
+0
Lisa Westberry

1972 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/12/2005 8:16:31 PM
Very Beautiful, Thank you Ana. Your Friend,
+0
Marion Tucker

2751 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/12/2005 9:08:32 PM
Hi Ana Maria, That was AWESOME!! GOD is GOOD, All the time! God Bless YOU! Marion :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
Highest Paying Business Network In The World! http://goldie.secretdm.com/getinfo.html NEW REVOLUTIONARY ANTI-AGING BREAKTHROUGH!!! NO MORE PILLS OR JUICE, just spray nutrients in your mouth! http://Goldie.AliveMax.com
+0
9/13/2005 4:03:45 AM
Good words to live by! Katherine
Kate McCrea Black Cat Originals Will Bring Your Fashion Vision To Life! http://www.blackcatoriginals.com
+0
9/13/2005 5:19:53 AM
Hi Anamaria aka 'god' Thuis is a great post with some lovely words and meaning. I am troubled by the whole 'god thing' to be perfectly honest. I am not a god fearing man and if I were to be totally honest don't really have much time for the whole concept of 'god is great and god will always be there kind of stuff'. I mean in no way to offend any of my American friends within adland, but find the attachemnt to god thing quiet disturbing at times. Maybe as a test of the true nature of people who believe in god (you for the day anamaria) is to take a slightly different approach to some of the situations that you list. Instead of 'thinking about a person' that is in dire straights, working every hour of the day to feed the kids. Why not do something for them. Lets face it, I can't think of a single well meaning thought that will put food in a child's tummy. I can't think of a single thought that will help a cancer victim. Actions will help, thought are maybe sometimes there just to make ourselves feel better. But hey, it's a bit of a cope out really. You want to help a women in dire straights because your status is better. Walk up to someone that is quiet obviously worse off, and do something to help them. Walking past them whilst giving a caring thought to thier plight means absolutly zip. Apart from maybe a better conscience tonight when we sleep. Just thinking in a way that would satisfy ones duty to remain one of gods children won't work! We live in a materialistic world and I'm afraid to say that the nation that embrasses this like no other is the USA. Here in England we are no better. I was brought up through the 'Thatcher' era. People were encouraged to look after number one. Go out there and succeed was force feed down the throuts of a generation. The result is a section of socioty that has achived great wealth but little else. Loss of compasion, understanding and love. Please don't spare a thought for a dying child this morning and then move you elderly parent into a care home this afternoon because you can't be bothered to look after them because it doesn't really fit into the lifestyle you have. If we truly cared for life, people and the world in general, we as nations would not both have voted back into power two of the most evil minded people to ever walk the planet. If we really want to do, and be as god beliving people tell me we should. Lets start at the top. Lets get people who would not rage war on others for a quick buck. Lets find some people who maybe, just maybe wouldn't be good for our bank balances, but would truley give people back a sence of well being and understanding. So today if you can. DONT JUST THINK ABOUT SOMETHING THAT SEEMS UNFAIR.............DO SOMETHING TO CHANGE IT. Best wishes Steve
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!