Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: PayPal ID confirmation SCAM
9/12/2005 9:22:41 PM
HEADS UP Heres another one, this one was sent to me by a friend here at Adland: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hello my friends,This was sent to me by a friend here at adland,Please pay very close attention to this,thanks,kathy martin caseopia43: somebody by the name of Vivekabarathi@yahoo.co.in may add you. don't accept it. It's a virus. Tell everyone on your bulletin because if somebody on your list adds them, you get the virus too. Tell everyone on your list not to topen anything fro mVivekabarathi. It is a hard drive killer and a very horrible virus. Pass this letter to everyone on your buddy list. Right click on the group namme of your buddy list and click. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hi Tony.. Thanks for that information. It is incredible the length some people will go to.. I guess we can't just bury our heads in the sand anymore. Everyone has to get involved.. Even if only by being informed. I have looked at some of your forums here, and I think you are doing a wonderful job of trying to keep your friends well informed and up to date on the latest threats. Thank you, Sandra
Sandra Martineau Sandel
+0
Craftie Linda

1349 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
9/13/2005 9:52:15 AM
Hi Sandra In the U.K. we get scams for most High Street Banks Linda
+0
Ron
Ron Armacost

15 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
10/31/2005 2:04:34 PM
Thanks for the Heads Up. I have a question, Is it possible that the person with yahoo.co.in account has been hijacked? Usually the yahoo accounts are yahoo.com if you know what I mean.
+0
10/31/2005 5:05:17 PM
Ron, To answer that question. It is very easy to get a domain name almost similiar to anyones, it is very easy to miss-spell a domain URL then be directed to a 'mirror site'. Also, you do not have to be a computer 'geek' to cover a domain name with a code that makes it look like a 'legal' site. Beware of any emails from Yahoo accounts, admin, security etc. It is very simple to forward them to Yahoo, if they 'bounce' then you know that they have viruses in them. Also Paypal warnings (send to spoof@paypal.com) If they arew genuine, they will soon tell you. Other addresses to send dodgy emails to are. Ebay. spoof@ebay.com AOL. tosreports@aol.com Any email that you think is a scam, con or fraud/phishing email. scams@fraudwatchinternational.com One other thing, Sandra advised getting crazy browser, it is better than IE but it still is part of the IE stable & prone to many attacks from hackers. Mozilla's Firefox is your best bet & it is a very user friendly browser. Get Firefox! Your security friend in Las Vegas
+0
11/13/2005 12:00:58 AM
As for your question about yahoo.co.in, it means that it is an email from India. I know because my husband & his family is from there & I get email from his famil & friends there.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!