Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
A Healthy Cat is a Happy Cat
7/13/2009 9:56:32 AM
Cali, for some reason likes to turn over her water bowl. Never the food bowl-just the water; probably because she can't see the water in it. So I sit there and say 'drink your water' until she does, a couple of times a day. With this heat, I can't leave it to chance that she is getting enough on her own. I'm such an over-protective mommy-I can't help it! ---------------------------------------------------------- Jeffrey Grill (cat health writer) says the following: Cat bladder issues are among the most common and potentially dangerous a cat can face. Yet cat bladder problems are also among the easiest to prevent. By learning the causes of these problems you can structure your cat's care to discourage the urinary crystals and the bacterial infections that are at the core of so many cat bladder problems. The main methods of preventing cat bladder problems are through a managed diet, a high intake and output of fluids: water going in, urine coming out to flush the system, and through dietary supplements intended to serve as antibacterial agents, soothing and healing agents, ingredients to prevent bacterial from being able to establish colonies, and through diuretic action supporting the dietary and liquid management already listed. http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jeffrey_Grill
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: A Healthy Cat is a Happy Cat
7/13/2009 11:29:08 AM
HI Joyce,

Wow you are really getting into the cats, I love it.  So you sit and make her drink water.  My cat is a dish turner too.  The other day I told him as I saw his little foot going to the bowl, "don't put your foot into the dish"  and he stopped, which is unusal he usually does his thing of dumping the bowl.  So I will tell Joyce says you must drink your water it is good for you kidneys.  Water in urine out.

Thanks Joyce.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
7/13/2009 11:50:15 AM
Joyce good to see you back in a forum.  You know when you say Cat, several of us are going to show up!!

It is true, cats cannot see nor smell the water so they have to touch to make sure it is there.  I would suggest a heavier bowl that they can't turn over.  My cats got used to drinking out of 5 gal. buckets!!  Wilson catches the rain water in them from the drainage.  Our inside water bowl is a large plastic container - too large for them to turn over.

Thanks for the info on cat bladder problems.  I have a problem with my outside male cat - he eats well but does not gain weight.  We bought OTC worm med. but I guess I need to go to vet and get the one that covers all worms.  He seems fine and strong and none of the others have any problems.

Here's to cat tales.
Sara
+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/13/2009 11:50:56 AM
Oh-cute! Myrna I'm just so proud - when I went in she was doing her "Timmy's in the well" routine-meow-meow-meow- and she wanted water in her bowl! Oh joy:) Seems like I've had a cat forever-and I never did. You're right-I give orders to anybody-Just do it, cat you could be out on the streets you know.
+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/13/2009 11:53:46 AM
Sara, I'm laughing soooooooooo hard! You know me - I'm all over the place with about as much attention span as a cat. I really don't mind the spill over-she sleeps in the bathroom so its' kind of a 'forced mopping' which the floor needs anyway. I train easy.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!