Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jayson VanBeekom

796 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Injury Stories
7/8/2009 10:02:31 AM

I have never broken any bones or needed stitches, but I have been in some painful situations. Once when I was a younger I was riding my bike down the street, and for whatever reason, I turned my head around to look behind me. Then when I turned to look forward again, I rode face first into a telephone pole.

I think I split my lip, though painful, it wasn't anything serious. Looking back now, that was hilarious! If I saw that happen to someone else, I don't think I could refrain from exploding in laughter   :)

+0
Luka Babic

1031 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Injury Stories
7/8/2009 12:34:45 PM

Hi Jayson,

How are you? Hope - much much better than I.

I was riding the wind or the cloud for over  2 months ... and as you may guess ... just have fallen down.

My injuries are still pretty  invisible ... but if anyone asks me what would I rather break : nose, hand or dream .... I`d jealousy take care of my dream, letting all other to be broken or hurt.

Maybe you expected fun ... but even being a clown ... I can`t always keep the smile.

Take care,

Luka

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/8/2009 4:31:58 PM

Hi Jayson,

Mine is a stupid and ridiculous injury story.

Can you believe this?

One of my businesses is a garden design and maintenance business.

TWICE, YEP, TWICE........................

I pruned my finger instead of the shrub.

On the last occasion I was cutting up twigs into a bag when WOOOPS finger in half, YUKKKK.

I cut the top of my finger and nail in half oooooooooooh.

Anyway, my wife doesn't drive and I had a manual auto SO I pressed the clutch, she changed gear. I actually got to hospital to have it stitched.

The doctor said he would put two stitches in it (the nurse sat on my arm) he did two stitches and I  shouted as he did a third. He just said, "Sorry, needed tidying up a little"

Still have scar after eight years.

How stupid is that?

Roger

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/8/2009 4:32:50 PM

Hi Jayson,

When I was 8 years old, our neighbors knocked down their old outdoor brick barbeque fireplace, whatever it's called.  There was a big pile of bricks and mortar about 6 feet high (2 meters for everyone else!) So one day they weren't home and I went over to their yard, I spent half my time over there anyway, and of course climbed on the pile after being told by my parents AND the neighbors to stay away from it!  We always wanted to climb on the firepit while it was intact but we weren't allowed, so now I climbed on the rubble, jumped off a few times, and then jumped and landed wrong and got a big bleeding 3-inch slice into my knee from a large brick.  I ran over to my own house crying and limping and went into the bathroom, it was bleeding a lot, and my mom knew what I did and she was NOT sympathetic.  I had a big scab for a long time and I still have a scar there.  Do I regret it? No, it was big fun until I got hurt!

+0
Jayson VanBeekom

796 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/8/2009 8:32:27 PM
Hi Luka. Its understandable not to be in the greatest mood all the time. Injuries you don't feel physically are still injuries. Hope you feel better soon :)
+0