Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Birds Corale by Alain D
6/22/2009 3:15:00 PM

Thanks Judy,

and Thanks Alain.

I loved the article, very inpiring and thought provoking.

Working as a gardener I have had, over the years, several magical moments involving nature.

My wife has, for the last few years, fed a family of English Blackbirds. They come regularly to collect mealworms which they take off and feed their young with. The other day they brought the babies to the birdtable right in front of us and fed them, as if to say, "there you are, this is what you helped with".

Tonight the male bird sat on the greenhouse, inches away and sang to us, wonderful.

The English Blackbird is not very colorful but makes up for this with it's song.

Here is a shot I took last week, again, inches away. I tried to photograph the babies being fed but with the delay on the digital camera they flew just before the shot.

TheforgeBoglining007-1.jpg image by romacmail

Roger

+0
Alain Deguire

8052 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Birds Chorale by Alain D
6/22/2009 4:12:05 PM

Hello Roger!

Thank You for your Visit, your time reading the article and your great comment... and, THANK YOU for sharing about your own wonderful experience as well... Much Appreciated!

And, a very good picture as well... GREAT!

Here is a nest with English Blackbirds chicks... very young!

Blessings,

Alain

+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Birds Chorale by Alain D
6/22/2009 8:01:07 PM

Hi Myrna,

you are so right, our Alain is a wonder and a dear!

Thank you for your visit and for taking the time to go to the blog to read Alain's story.  I think it is brilliant, and I can so relate to the connections to nature that have culminated in a oneness, even if momentary. 

You are a consistant and good friend.  I appreciate you so much!

Hugs and blessings,

Judy

+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/22/2009 8:04:44 PM

Roger, my friend!!

Thank you so much!!  What a wonderful story.  I would love to have your permission to use it in my blog.  It is about time I put an international spin on it!!

Would it be OK? and of course I would like to use the picture too.   You are amazing to find the time to visit both the forum and the blog at this busy time of year.

Thank you, my friend!

Hugs and blessings,

Judy

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/23/2009 2:36:20 PM

Judy,

Great to be here.

You are very welcome to use the photo and the story.

Yes, it's manic at present, plus, I have the customer from h**l who is basically blackmailing me.

It is dreadful. The project is very exciting (a huge bog garden) on a steep clay covered hillside, but through her behaviour she has upset the guys who help me. They refuse to go back there so I have to do all of the work, including moving several tons of earth by hand as there is no acess for machinery. I am totally shattered, tired, aching etc. Having said that, the project is looking good.

It is really good to relax on the computer in the evening but I would rather read than post.

Enough about me.

I am so pleased that your Bird Essentials so well respected, I know how important it is to you.

Roger

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!