Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: It's Time To Congratulate LUIS MIGUEL GOITIZOLO, The 188th POTW!
5/15/2009 11:21:58 AM

Dear Bob,

This is no less a surprise than my being awarded with the POTW this week. I do appreciate my being congratulated by you.

Also, I am so happy that my profile has been of interest to you.

Sincerely,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/15/2009 5:08:10 PM

Dear Kathleen,

Thank you for your interest. Yes that is a picture of Lima, more precisely of the central park of Miraflores, the district where I live.

The Central Park

I have made the picture smaller and put it in one of my pages to show it here. Do you see the avenue to the right? It is Avenida Pardo, the main avenue in the district and one of the oldest ones. If you go in the direction of the horizon, you will more or less get to my house (actually an apartment), as it is a couple of blocks to the right off the seventh block.

Below are a few photos of the long seafront at Miraflores. All of the vistas are places I visit every day at 6 am with my three dogs during our long daily walks.

Miraflores coastline

The Cliffs

Restaurant "La Rosa Nautica"

Larcomar Park

Beautiful gardens along El Malecón de Miraflores (the seacoast)

In the afternoons we just take a shorter walk to get back home along the Avenida Pardo but in the opposite direction.

I don't think we will be able to go to Machu Picchu in Cuzco, far, far away from Miraflores y Lima, but if we do some day, I hope we will bring back home a picture of it as good as the one below.

Machu Picchu in Cuzco, Peru

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Beverly Armstrong

385 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/15/2009 5:41:03 PM

CONGRATULATIONS LUIS! While I do not know you personally, I found your bio a fascinating and enjoyable read!

Being unavailable much of the time for the past few weeks I have missed alot in the community. BUT what an enjoyable forum to return to!  :)

I wish you much success and eternal enjoyment of your favorite things!  Ms Bev

Beverly Armstrong NC., Health & Website Consultant, Trainer, Writer & Entreprenuer, Network Marketing & Tutorials http://networkingblogs.blogspot.com http://gender-differences-in-networking.blogspot.com
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/15/2009 7:00:18 PM

LM,

WOW!  It's all so BEAUTIFUL!!  Now you've given everyone directions on getting close to your apartment, so look outside in a couple days for a group of lost international people going to visit you.

+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/15/2009 7:31:05 PM

Congratulations Luis Miguel for being Person of the Week !!!

188th POTW, that is remarkable!  We have had 188 great people in our Person of the week award!!

Congrats also to the nominators of the week Jan and Stephen!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Pat

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!