Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jo
Jo Matthias

2947 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: SUNDAY SHOWCASE Featuring Jo Matthias 05/03/09
5/9/2009 4:47:16 PM

Thomas, one of these days I may NEED to call you, for support....My Son and Daughter are already concerned about my mental health, they are afraid that I might become suicidal when Rosie passes.  I have assured them that I am not suicidal and would just need more support than usual.  I would call you if and when I start to break down.

Rosie came home again last night and the Dr's never found where the bleed was going or coming from.   Her BP is running high. But her attitude is great.  She is still somewhat weak, but better.

She had Pneumonia, blood loss and a bladder infection.  She was given 6 units of blood while she was in Hospital.  She is supposed to have a colonoscopy and an upper GI this next week.

I truly appreciate your offer of calling you....

Take care,

Jo

VOTE!!!! POTM!!!
+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/9/2009 4:56:00 PM
Hi Jo, i'm sending you a PM  :)
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Jo
Jo Matthias

2947 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/9/2009 5:13:36 PM

Kim,

Thank you so much for your response.  I am blessed to have Rosie too.  My friend Pat was her son.  We have all known each other since I was very young.  Pat was the love of my life...

As I told Thomas, Rosie came home again last night.  She is better, but not as well as she should be.  Her BP is running high again and she is still pretty weak.  The Dr and Hosp never found where the bleed was coming from or going.  She is supposed to have a colonoscopy and an upper GI this next week.  I have seen people with her symptoms die before they can get the scopes done.  The blood loss usually comes back fairly quickly and the PT bleeds out and dies.

I am not a nurse, or a CNA....I was trained in the military as a medic/EMT.  Everything else that I have learned about taking care of the elderly has been through college courses and personal experience.

It is not an easy way to live, taking care of someone like Rosie.  She won't tell the truth about how she feels, about how much pain she has, how much she eats or doesn't eat.  She is supposed to be exercizing daily and WON'T, but won't tell the PT!   She is supposed to sit up most of the day because of the recurrent pneumonia and won't!   She is supposed to walk to the dining room to eat and won't.   Then when I tell the Drs the truth, she gets very angry with me.  When I told the DR about her black stools and the blood, she really jumped down my throat....  She is 79, weighs 91Lbs, and has a temper like, well I can't explain that!!!

She wants to be in control and if she doesn't want anyone to know what is truly going on, It really makes her angry when the truth is told.

At any rate, I appreciate your post and the positive attitude you gave me....

Take care,

Jo

VOTE!!!! POTM!!!
+0
Jo
Jo Matthias

2947 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/9/2009 5:18:08 PM