Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: What could WE achieve if WE were fully exploiting our TALENTS?
4/19/2009 5:24:33 PM

I hope to  watch this soon. I am having to do all internet stuff without sound. No computer problem, more a family issue. So I don't know what I missed.

Roger

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/19/2009 5:29:17 PM

Alain,

Even with no sound that was amazing.

Wow.

Roger

+0
Alain Deguire

8052 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/19/2009 6:31:31 PM

Hello Roger!

Good to see you again My Friend!

In fact, this is an amazing and funny little song... but, the artistic and athletic dancing is certainly what was there to really appreciate and reflect upon...

This is outstanding indeed... Happy that you enjoyed!

Blessings,

Alain

+0
Kim
Kim Stilwell

273 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/20/2009 4:11:56 PM
I have always been inspired and motivated by the idea of recognizing and cultivating talents that God has invested in us Alain. It's interesting here to note something I discovered in a class where we got into the original Hebrew and Greek meanings of translated words. I was surprised to learn that "talent" actually in it's origin refers to a measurment, specifically a weight! Now what does that do to our concept of bringing forth 10 or 100 fold out of the talents God gave us? Well it didn't destroy my inspiration; what I was able to see then was that God has alotted each of us an amount perhaps of things or provisions that I imagine have potential in each of our individual lives to bring forth whatever fold we cultivate. Knowing God's eternal mind, these things can include everything from physical elements to mental, spiritual, crreative abilities etc. Granted he gave some 1 talent and some many more, but in the parable let us remember that the one who was given just 1 buried his talent and was unprofitable and the one who had many brought forth a return. Also we can remember that we may be graded only on what we did with our portion and not on the fact that we were given more or less to work with. also consider that "to whom much is given, much is required," so there are greater prices to pay when you are given more! In any case let us be inspired and encouraged to first "recognize" what God has given us, and not be found conversly grumbling that we have not been given enough. And let us realize that if we are prudent and attendent and thrifty and also creative with what God gave us, he pretty much told us we do have potential to bring forth 100 fold! We may not feel so sometimes but our maker says we have the potential! Let's also realize that talents start out as little seeds that may not be boldy visible at first. Heart desire is often a give away about personal talent! Desire I say again, is a manifestation of power; it is our talents seeking to express themselves! Cultivating can mean alot of perservering work and growing! Good things usually come with comparable effort right? But the end goal is so very worth the time and effort and sometimes even great pain of the strething process of growth! I can see growing in you Alain; I can the marketer in you. I just happen to be doing research on marketing and consumer behavior! It's killing me but the knowledge is exhilerating! One interesting thing I came across: No, it's not a global market, even if in theory it's a glbal world! Culture and individualism in the West for example still plays a significant role in consumer response and behavior. Today's recognized goal is to gain trust, loylaty, and relationship! I can see you recognizing that, and it's quite charming. The long winded rambler! Kim
+0
Alain Deguire

8052 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/20/2009 6:21:43 PM

Hello Dearest Kim!

Thank You so much for Your presence and You Wonderful Contribution... You are so right... and, like the title of this thread refers to... it is about exploiting and living by your talents, your strenghts... the question is not about how many talents you have... it is about what are you doing with the one or ones you were given... GOD is happy to see you express your own talent because this is your contribution to the World or to God's Creation... We all have our own individual role to play!

Thank You for your kind words regarding my personal growth... for me, all is a question of relationship and trust and that is my primary focus... the rest will follow by itself... I do not have to worry about it.

With Lots of Friendship,

Blessings,

Alain

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!