Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Sam
Sam Sunday

2502 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Debate, Debate, Debate !! Your input requested please :-)
5/13/2009 7:20:19 PM

Hello BFA Team and good members of Adland community,

So sorry, I am late but still better to be here. First I must apologise for my absence in most of the community activites recently basically because of my tight daily schedules.

Let me start by reminding the team that this is a community of diverse personalities and characters from all parts of the world. What this means is that you are bound to have diverse opinion concerning ALL common activities in the community. In as much as there is every need to listen to us all, but there is ABSOLUTELY no way you can satisfy all. And so you have to find the common ground and firmly stand there. Even in my forum, there are friends that kick against certain features but sometimes I just can't help assuage every desires of my friends. But again that helps test the strength of our friendship as one not only for agreement but also disagreement.

I for one sees nothing wrong with the present mode of running the BFA, whether in nomination or judgement. I take special interest in Sara's response that we are supposed to have impartial judges. This calls for trust. We need to arrogate some form of trust on ourselves and in extent our friends 'nay' our BFA judges. If we fail to trust them, then even if we bring judges from outside the community, it will still amount to same grumbling situation; afterall, how are we sure the outside judges won't know one of the nominees.

I remember what Bogdan wrote about starting our own business in one of the community newsletters; that the best thing to do is doing what you enjoy doing best. LaNell echoed this when she wrote about not being nominated and not being bothered at the same time because she is not running her forum for recognition only, but because she's enjoying every bit of it. This is the bottom line. In as much as the financial incentive is commendable, it should not form the main reason to own a forum in the first place. Mostly the fun and satisfaction we derive, having friends around you and helping make everyone happy should be paramount!!

Having said these, there might be need to do some tweeks to the BFA system from members' suggestions here but the present framework should not be dismantled.

Thanks for the opportunity,
Kind Regards
Sam   

+0
Bfa
Bfa Best Forum Award

276 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/15/2009 4:47:54 AM

Dear Pat,

We thank you for your comments and want you to know we appreciate your support greatly.  We are also glad to see many here who would like it to be as is.

hugz

The BFA Team

+0
Bfa
Bfa Best Forum Award

276 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/15/2009 4:55:35 AM

Hi Georgios,

Thank you for your input, some good points you have suggesed here. We have taken note of your opinion. We wish to thank you for your continued support of the BFA.

Hugz

The BFA Team

+0
Bfa
Bfa Best Forum Award

276 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/15/2009 5:02:33 AM

I like the system the way it is now,  I'm glad the community makes the decisions.

Pat

Hi again Pat,

We have taken note :-)  Thanks!!!

The BFA Team

+0
Bfa
Bfa Best Forum Award

276 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/15/2009 5:07:12 AM

Hi LaNell,

Thank you for your thoughts, we have taken note of them and appreciate you thinking its ok the way it is.

About your forum We would like to suggest you dont delete feature threads, as friends do take time to post there and share their feelings which means so much to the featured person as well as to the poster. It's sad to get up one day and see it gone :-) just some thoughts here to you. Its still your choice what you want to do at your forum.

Thank you again for your support always.

hugz

The BFA Team

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!