Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
GENOCIDES: CRIMES AGAINST ABORIGINAL AUSTRALIANS
3/20/2009 2:24:01 PM

DEDICATED TO THE LOST GENERATIONS OF THE ABORIGINAL AUSTRALIANS

Genocide in Australia

The purpose of this topic is to enlighten people and friends of the Australian genocide.

Report details crimes against Aborigines

In the name of our Christian God white man committed many crimes for which he don't like to talk about. One of those is the Aboriginal Genocide in Australia.

By Brett Stone
7 September 1999

The genocidal practices perpetrated against Australian Aborigines were the outcome of policies adopted and implemented by all Australian governments from British settlement in 1788 until the present. A people who had virtually no contact with the outside world, were suddenly confronted with a hostile and alien force. Aborigines were forced out of their traditional homes, hunted like wild animals, poisoned or shot, and confined to the harshest and most desolate climes. The effect of British settlement upon these people led to near extinction within 120 years.

The Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies has published a report detailing this history. Entitled Genocide in Australia, it was written by Professor Colin Tatz, director of the Centre for Comparative Genocide Studies at Sydney's Macquarie University.

The report's timing is significant. Its release coincided with the first of the “stolen generations” legal actions brought against the Commonwealth and State governments by Aborigines who were forcibly removed from their families. Lorna Cubillo and Peter Gunner are seeking compensation from the Commonwealth government for injuries received after they were taken from their families in the 1940s and 1950s. Tatz will provide testimony on behalf of the plaintiffs, and thousands of such actions could be undertaken in the future.

Read more

Updated 23.09.2008

The Australian Aboriginal Genocide

Punishment of Genocide (and ratified by the UN, including Australia, in 1948):

"Article II: In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: (a) Killing members of the group; (b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; (c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; (d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; (e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

Article III: The following acts shall be punishable: (a) Genocide; (b) Conspiracy to commit genocide; (c) Direct and public incitement to commit genocide; (d) Attempt to commit genocide; (e) Complicity in genocide. "

Federal Apology (feb. 13, 2007)
issued by Prime Minister Rudd of Australia:

"Today we honour the Indigenous peoples of this land, the oldest continuing cultures in human history.

We reflect on their past mistreatment.

We reflect in particular on the mistreatment of those who were Stolen Generations - this blemished chapter in our nation's history.

The time has now come for the nation to turn a new page in Australia's history by righting the wrongs of the past and so moving forward with confidence to the future.

We apologise for the laws and policies of successive Parliaments and governments that have inflicted profound grief, suffering and loss on these our fellow Australians.

We apologise especially for the removal of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children from their families, their communities and their country.

For the pain, suffering and hurt of these Stolen Generations, their descendants and for their families left behind, we say sorry.

To the mothers and the fathers, the brothers and the sisters, for the breaking up of families and communities, we say sorry.

And for the indignity and degradation thus inflicted on a proud people and a proud culture, we say sorry.

We the Parliament of Australia respectfully request that this apology be received in the spirit in which it is offered as part of the healing of the nation.

For the future we take heart; resolving that this new page in the history of our great continent can now be written.

We today take this first step by acknowledging the past and laying claim to a future that embraces all Australians.

A future where this Parliament resolves that the injustices of the past must never, never happen again.

A future where we harness the determination of all Australians, Indigenous and non-Indigenous, to close the gap that lies between us in life expectancy, educational achievement and economic opportunity.

A future where we embrace the possibility of new solutions to enduring problems where old approaches have failed.

A future based on mutual respect, mutual resolve and mutual responsibility.

A future where all Australians, whatever their origins, are truly equal partners, with equal opportunities and with an equal stake in shaping the next chapter in the history of this great country, Australia."

40.000 YEARS OF CULTURE
ABORIGINAL GENOCIDE

Click above
Credits to hokulani78 for the Video clip

Kindly Regards
Georgios
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: GENOCIDES: CRIMES AGAINST ABORIGINES
3/20/2009 2:24:29 PM
ABORIGINAL SOUNDS

This is a sample of traditional music of the native people of Aboriginals from Australia, who possess a most original and beautiful culture and are the heirs of the most ancient wisdom of the world. Enjoy this masterpiece of aboriginal folk music and the fascinating sound of the didgeridoo the traditional aboriginal wooden "drone pipe”!  This song was composed, and is performed and sung by Richard Walley, one of the greatest and most famous Australian Aboriginal composers and musicians.

Click above

ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/20/2009 9:02:18 PM
Hi Georgios,

Very interesting.  I remember, hearing about them in the movie Crockadille Dundee they were in the movie, and friends of Dundee.  It was neat.

Just think of all the things they could of taugh the world, but like the native Americans it was taken away.  They know how to take care of the earth, water and air.

Love there music.

Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Branka Babic

2716 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/21/2009 12:57:03 AM

Good Saturday morning Georgios !

Wished to post here yesterday, but o`clock is still a little better runner than I.

Past month I was pondering a lot on the Christian family world wide.

When I was married to Luka`s father, I accepted his sure name and became Babic. This marriage lasted as long as it lasted. After divorce, I have had to take care how to sustain Luka`s and my heads ... and the courts where I could took back my family name were not accessed to me . I do not hate this man ... but all love I have to him may be considered as ... a positive consequence of my huge work on myself , or in other words, as my Christian love for him. And, my public documents say BRANKA BABIC .... but I never have had too much in common with this family ... neither have now.

The same is with Christian family. Christian is not considered just on behalf of the birth . Christian would be one who fulfills Jesus word. So, there are a billions "invited" .... but a few chosen :) ... There were 12 apostles ... but when was dying on the cross ... only 3 women and St. Joseph from Arimathea were with God.

I know for the Aborigines. Their tradition is not researched enough, but as much as could be found about them, they were very powerful DREAM WEAVERS, with the knowledge as huge as we cann`t even dream about it. They are one of the seven seeded root races upon earth, originally from Sirius (and have the magnetic flow).

Now if we wish to skip the speech about The Universal Law of the Cause and Consequence (karma) ... and just reflect upon their (ABORIGINAL) gift to WAEVE AND SUSTAIN PERSONAL AND COLLECTIVE DREAM (destiny) ... we may assume that, at least on the unconsciousness level, The Aborigines participated in that genocide. Really, WE NEVER CAN ATTRACT ANYTHING FOR WHICH WE DON`T HAVE AN ACTIVE PATTERNS AND MAGNETISM.

So, this genocide surely might not be praised and celebrated, but also cann`t be called as done by the Christians. There were white settlers with more powerful weapons, who came to the new world in which were not welcomed. There was a fight between stronger and weaker. Stronger, with also a number of killed people, won.

NOTHING NEW IN HUMAN HISTORY, the history of wars and murders.

I am sure, if Gerri Decher was amongst those white settlers, she would be the same as today : healer and goodwill person - to any in need.

The settlers were not fulfilling Jesus will - they were seeking for the better place to live. It is not a Christian genocide , whatever the killers could preach ... Judas Iscariot WAS ONE WHO BELIEVED IN JESUS MORE THAN OTHERS .... until has changed his mind ...

So, crimes are crimes ... and Christians is well known on behalf of what should be considered as Christians.

Bless you dear friend!

Branka

+0
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/21/2009 1:03:15 AM

Georgios,

We Aussies are not proud of our past, but we have to live with it. We don't need reminding of our ancestor's crimes against humanity. You need to clean up your own backyard first or it will come back and bite you on the arse.

Greek Atrocities
DOCUMENTED MASSACRES OF

In 1919, Greeks entered Anatolia with the support of Entente Powers in order to kill Turkish people living in Anatolia. To reach their goals, they didn't hesitate to kill unarmed civilian people, even children.
We are publishing the documents which first appeared in Historical Documents Magazine. The magazine compiled the documents from General Directorate of Government Archives. The magazine includes particularly the Greek atrocities, massacres, rapes, arson targeting unarmed Turkish people and their sacred values between 1919-1922, a period in which the occupation of Western Anatolia took place. Read more.

---------------------------------------

Greek Atrocities in Macedonia:

"When will the Greek State apologize to the Macedonian people for its 1912-1913 genocide in Northern Greece?"

"Ethnic cleansing" may be a modern term but its meaning is well understood by the Macedonian people living in northern Greece. Ever since Greece took possession of Macedonia, in the early 20th century, Macedonian people have experienced first hand ethnic cleansing. Read more.

---------------------------------------

Greek television stations censor Srebrenica atrocities video       
Thursday, 23 June 2005
GHM condemns the partial censorship by Greek television stations of a Srebrenica atrocities video, shown repeatedly on 2 and 3 June 2005.

The video's opening scene, which features a Serbian Orthodox priest blessing paramilitaries who are later seen committing war crimes against Bosnian Muslims, was cut by all Greek television stations that aired the video, although it was aired uncut around the world the same day. The Greek stations presented the cut version to the public as being the complete version.

GHM notes that during the Bosnian war, the overwhelming majority of Greeks, including Greek media and politicians, sided with the Serbs in general, and with wartime Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic - now a fugitive from international justice- in particular.
Read more.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!