Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: All about Stress
4/6/2009 2:05:34 AM

Amanda has just posted a great poem on stress at her poetry forum

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/1218216/5/ShowThread.aspx

Go take a look.

I have invited her to post it here.

Roger

+0
Cheryl Baxter

2279 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/6/2009 2:52:38 AM
Thank you Roger and Sheila,

The breathing technique you describe will be worth trying.  When I do breathing exercises for stress.  I usually will do some deep breathing exercised when I'm stressed, where I inhale to the count of five...and then slowly exhale to the count of ten, then I repeat this a few times & it seems to make me more relaxed.  I hadn't tried the gentle exhaling though.  I'll have to try your technique Roger.

Another thing that I will do when I am extremely stressed is go to the lake close to where I live and just take in the view of the water.  Once when I did this, I took a straw that I had and imagined myself drinking through the straw out of the lake...but instead of drinking in the water I was drinking in the beauty of the sunset that was throwing it's splendid colors across the water.  I imagined that this drinking in of the beauty flooded my soul with peace and as I did this, I felt the tensions letting go & my body began to relax it's tightened muscles.  The stress just seemed to flow out of my body and my whole mental attitude changed.  It was quite remarkable really. 

I've only remembered to do this one other time & though the situation was different, I was absolutely mesmerized by the iridescent colors shimmering across the surface of the water by the sunset.  I had never seen the colors shimmering in this exact way before.  I saw magenta, teal, shimmering gold and a brilliant iridescent blue.  I took my straw and began to drink in the color....similar to breathing in, but through the straw instead of my nose.  I felt as if I was about to explode with internal joy as I did this.  Try it.  If it works for you like it did me...you will be amazed at the feeling you get by doing this.

That's what I've done to relieve stress, & I thank you for sharing other techniques that work.

Cheryl

http://texasgalswholesaleproperties.com "browse our current properties" http://fortworthwholesaleproperty.com "check out our real estate blog" http://mydiscountchristianbooks.com "online bibles, books, music, more"
+0
4/6/2009 9:20:31 AM

How To Eliminate Stress And Anxiety From Your Life

"Are You Feeling Stressed, Overwhelmed And Are Full Of Anxiety? If So Then We Have The E-Book That Gives Help On Getting Rid Of Your Stresses And Helps You Get On With The Rest Your Life!"

Stress Is The Number One Cause of Medical Problems In the United States/Many Other Countries Today. Anxiety Just Adds To Those Problems. But You Don’t Have To Suffer Anymore!
We Have The Answers You’re Looking For!

Life today can be overwhelming – there’s no denying that! Stress and anxiety can seem to take over our lives and render us helpless. It’s easy to get caught up in all the drama and let those stressors dictate how we live. Believe me, I know!

I personally have dealt with an anxiety disorder that was aggravated and brought on by excessive stress. This illness has debilitated me for years leaving me ill-equipped to deal with even the smallest problem. That is, until I figured out how to manage my stress and anxiety.

It will be an ongoing struggle for me, but the first step was learning how to cope with stressful situations that could bring on my anxiety. I had to spend a lot of money on doctors and therapists to get those tools that would enable to live a fulfilling life.

The good news is that if you are suffering from anxiety and excessive stress, you won’t have to spend the same amount of money I did just to deal with my daily stress. You can get all the information you need – right here in this amazing book, “Eliminating Stress and Anxiety FromYour Life”!

Unfortunately This Can Affect Everyone

Everyone has stress. It’s a fact of life. How we react to that stress can make a world of difference, though. It can literally make us healthy or unhealthy.

Studies show that stress and anxiety contribute to at least 80 percent of all illnesses that people suffer from today. Over 19 million people are negatively affected by stress related disorders, but they don’t have to be. There are ways that you can make stress disappear
or even work FOR you instead of AGAINST you.

Have you ever wondered how in the world you can manage the stress you feel? Wonder no more – we have compiled an amazing amount of information that will allow you to leave the stress behind and begin living a more fulfilling life – stress free!

When you order our book, “Eliminating Stress and Anxiety from Your Life”, you will get a combination of expert advice from psychologists, educators, and people who suffer from excessive stress and anxiety. They can give you many, many tools to make your life easier and let you know what it’s like to escape from the daily problems that can plague us.

Today, there are millions of people who suffer from too much stress. Stress causes anxiety. Anxiety causes health problems that can be debilitating. There’s absolutely no reason why you have to suffer anymore. We’re giving you the cure!

We Give You Over 25 Ways To Relax And Live a More Fulfilling Life.

You’ll learn:

• Self-hypnosis to relax

• How to tell people “No” when you should

• How to relax at work

• Ways to take a break that will renew your spirit

Stress is all around us and will always be a part of our lives. You need to be more resilient and pro-active when coping with your stress in order to be a calmer, happier person. Which is exactly why you need to have this book.

+0
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/6/2009 12:38:38 PM
Hello Roger,

Thank you for promoting my poetry thread link here in
your thread.
I wrote my Stress poem yesterday and was going to
bring it over here, however you beat me to it *grin*

I am pretty much stress free these days as only one or
two events happen at once that I can cope with. 

Stress

Stress, stress your body's a mess
you're up then you're down
trying to cope through the day
before things get's in your way

Changes in your circumstances
of career, finances, divorce,
relocation, death and much more
does not help with this uproar

angry, defeated, overwhelmed
body is battered and very raw
just can't take on any more
shut yourself away and close the door

you're hungry, or can't eat a bite
so many worries to keep you uptight
can't sleep, or stay in bed
something is messing with your head

body's aching, feeling like the flu
down and out and feeling oh so blue
crying and weeping, no one seems to care
sometimes it is more than you can bare

relax, read, go for a walk
phone a friend and just talk
pet your dog, have a cuddle
help yourself get out of this muddle

medications are not the cure
get away from the things you can't endure
relaxation, massage technique
may help to get you back in beat

Take each day hour by hour day by day
Don't forget you can pray
Jesus is your best bet
for Him your problems are no sweat

Amanda Martin-Shaver ©
5 April 2009

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/6/2009 2:39:30 PM

Murali,

Thank you so very much for posting and offering the solution that worked for you.

Stress is such a serious thing and a real reason for illness in many cases.

Roger 

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!