Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: All about Stress
4/6/2009 3:32:47 PM

Cheryl,

The straw technique is lovely. Personal, and self-instigated imagination-based techniques are the best. I will give this a try.

You may have read (or seen before) a technique I frequently use in many ways and for clients with very different problems. Go to YOUR SPECIAL CAVE in your mind. Find a box in the corner with Cheryl written on it in big letters. This box is full of things, sand or shells or treasure etc Whatever you want.

Open the box and start to take items out. These things represent EVERYTHING that you ever said, thought, heard, smelt, remembered etc. etc. If you have things that you carry that you don't like, put them into the box.

If you find things that you would like to get back then take them and hold them to you and absorb that thing/event etc.

You can get back memories or lose problems or change behavior etc.

This is a very powerful technique as the cave is only accessible to you as is the box.

The box is magical as no matter how many things you re,move it will always be full (imagine how many thoughts that it must hold).

Enjoy.

Roger

+0
Cheryl Baxter

2279 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/6/2009 11:09:08 PM
Hi again Roger,

Thanks for sharing the cave and the box technique.  I will have to give this a try also. 

As for the straw and drinking in the beauty at the lake through the straw...it felt quite powerful when I did this.  It just relaxed me so much that I couldn't even remember the stress afterwards.

Each day will take care of itself...so I should not worry at all.  But when I become anxious I do go ahead and worry anyway, I will try the technique suggested in your forum.

Thanks for creating this topic and sharing your insights.

Blessings to you!

Cheryl ;-)

http://texasgalswholesaleproperties.com "browse our current properties" http://fortworthwholesaleproperty.com "check out our real estate blog" http://mydiscountchristianbooks.com "online bibles, books, music, more"
+0
Sheila Kennedy-Robinson

115 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/7/2009 4:23:07 AM
Hi Roger, fancy meeting you here, I love Amanda's poem on stress, we are truly blessed with such talented people around us arent we. I have been reading Cheryl's amazing poems at the April Poet of the Month Forum. Well worth a visit for anyone who hasnt dropped in there yet.

My apologies for not having been very available, s sick husband and some hospital visits etc.

I will endevor to be around more often

Peace Love and Light

Sheila
Sheila
+0
Sheila Kennedy-Robinson

115 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/7/2009 5:11:33 AM
Hello Cheryl, I loved your Lake technique, I believe that we are truly blessed as humans to have the ability to 'see' in colors, and to have the gifts of visualization.

Both you and Roger have offered some great methods of stepping away from the trials of the moment and allowing the mind to be focused elsewhere, which in turn creates a new image for the subconscious to allow as real.

I love visualization as it allows a respite from the constant bombardments of all of the sights and sounds around us, and gives us that breathing space that we so often need.

In reading your poetry on the Poet of the Month forum for April, I allowed my self to close my eyes and 'feel' your words after I had read them and that was a wonderful experience for me as I felt transported to another time and place especially the treasures from the sea [and I am not a beach person at all] preferring trees and hills to water so it was quite a profound experience for me.

I look forward to more of your poetry and your insights

Peace Love and Light

Sheila

Sheila
+0
Sheila Kennedy-Robinson

115 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/7/2009 5:14:58 AM
Thank you for sharing the information on Eliminating stress and anxiety from you life, there are some great sources of information around and I know Roger and I are only touching the surface of them.

Peace Love and Light

Sheila
Sheila
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!