Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: My Poetry.... Roger Macdivitt
5/13/2012 6:51:57 PM
Quote:

Which is right, face the truth?

Or pretend that all is well

But know your positive affects the world

Far more than you can tell

Hello Roger,

Sorry to bring my own bit of a contribution into this enlightening forum, even if that contribution seems to have nothing to do with your poem... On closer look, however, it has to do with the Buddhist 'Mind and Mind Only' notion that the world is a product of our minds, which in turn has to do which a fascinating article entitled 'Simple Steps to Healing All Through Healing Yourself', or how our thoughts affect the world...

(From the book
Zero Limits by Dr Joe Vitale):

"Two years ago, I heard about a therapist in Hawaii who cured a complete ward of criminally insane patients – without ever seeing any of them. The psychologist would study an inmate's chart and then look within himself to see how he created that person's illness. As he improved himself, the patient improved.

When I first heard this story, I thought it was an urban legend. How could anyone heal anyone else by healing himself? How could even the best self-improvement master cure the criminally insane?

It didn't make any sense. It wasn't logical, so I dismissed the story.

However, I heard it again a year later. I heard that the therapist had used a Hawaiian healing process called ho'oponopono. I had never heard of it, yet I couldn't let it leave my mind. If the story was at all true, I had to know more.

I had always understood "total responsibility" to mean that I am responsible for what I think and do. Beyond that, it's out of my hands. I think that most people think of total responsibility that way. We're responsible for what we do, not what anyone else does. The Hawaiian therapist who healed those mentally ill people would teach me an advanced new perspective about total responsibility.

His name is Dr. Ihaleakala Hew Len. We probably spent an hour talking on our first phone call. I asked him to tell me the complete story of his work as a therapist. He explained that he worked at Hawaii State Hospital for four years. That ward where they kept the criminally insane was dangerous. Psychologists quit on a monthly basis. The staff called in sick a lot or simply quit. People would walk through that ward with their backs against the wall, afraid of being attacked by patients. It was not a pleasant place to live, work, or visit.

Dr. Len told me that he never saw patients. He agreed to have an office and to review their files. While he looked at those files, he would work on himself. As he worked on himself, patients began to heal.

"After a few months, patients that had to be shackled were being allowed to walk freely," he told me. "Others who had to be heavily medicated were getting off their medications. And those who had no chance of ever being released were being freed."

I was in awe.

"Not only that," he went on, "but the staff began to enjoy coming to work. Absenteeism and turnover disappeared. We ended up with more staff than we needed because patients were being released, and all the staff was showing up to work."

This is where I had to ask the million dollar question: "What were you doing within yourself that caused those people to change?"

"I was simply healing the part of me that created them," he said.

I didn't understand.

Dr. Len explained that total responsibility for your life means that everything in your life – simply because it is in your life – is your responsibility. In a literal sense the entire world is your creation. ..."

You can read the full article here:
http://www.wanttoknow.info/070701imsorryiloveyoujoevitale

Hugs,

Miguel

P.S Here is a powerful video with more on 'Mind and Mind Only' and the OM Mantra:

"worldly fools search for exotic masters, not
realizing that their own mind is the master."

BODHIDHARMA

" I haven't got any Buddhism. I live by letting things happen"

DOGEN

"If you wish to find the Buddha,
first you must look into your own mind,
outside of the mind, there is no Buddha."

HAKUIN

"Our Buddha-nature is there from the very beginning.
It is like the sun emerging from behind clouds.
It is like a mirror that reflects perfectly when it is wiped clean...
...and returned to its original clarity."

HO-SHAN

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/13/2012 8:28:03 PM

Miguel,

A wonderful contribution.

Poetry is not, after all, just words. It comes in many forms.

Roger

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/20/2012 7:43:16 PM

All in the Nature of Man

© R L MACDIVITT 2012

Some have greatness thrust upon them

So it has famously been said

Some have little chance of advancement

Stagnation is their lot instead

For some life offers a menu of choices

They see chance while others despair

The great inventors brought us changes

The thrifty in turn brought repairs

The artist creates stimulation

Sometimes beauty, sometimes shock sometimes both

They may paint, carve, sculpt or make music

Their labours bring with them spiritual growth

Then there are the patient in society

Their calmness masking their own hidden talents

They contribute little to life’s every-day facets

But when called upon they show they have brilliance

The entrapraneur only sees profit

And is often short of valuable time

If a project fails to generate wealth

It is shunned like the proceeds of crime

The humble frequently are unnoticed

Their talents often highly disguised

Care and compassion are intuitive

And life’s losers and failure’s are revived

The pen can never name all traites

Even over a lifetime of trying

But let us celebrate all that we notice

Our God-given greatness no sense in denying

+0
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/20/2012 10:08:32 PM

“Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen”

Leonardo da Vinci

Sir,

Fantastic poem!

+0
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/20/2012 10:10:14 PM

+0

facebook