Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kim
Kim Stilwell

273 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Moving Down A Controversial Path...
1/29/2009 9:52:03 PM

I know your point John; we are so weak and blind, us common people; we stand by and let the few rule us and let the fanatics make all the rules and perform all the evils. And many know that their power is in their persuasion and God knows also.  I guess it's also the few who turned the world upside down for the message of the Hope of Christ...and indeed it did cost their lives...but they claimed it would be no loss for the victories and for the hope that lied ahead.

These men were empowered to make their lives a living sacrifice and here also we see what the Power of love or evil can do, even in small numbers. The evil is not only among the fanatic Muslims; it's all around this world, though it seems to pinnacle near the promise land where the battle between Isaac and Ishmael rages on.  It's a vehiment war that is far more mysterious and heated than mortality probably realizes...and it will go on until the war over the land of Promise is finally settled.

"We war not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, and powers, and the rulers of darkness of this age...and the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but are mighty through God, to the pulling down of strongholds, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God"  Eph:6:12

We are positioned I believe, in this world, where God put us, and therefore it is from this place we must fight.  I do believe we fight everyday in invisible ways as well as sometimes visible....now you've got me to preaching John!  We fight the Great fight of Faith everyday and the battle for the souls of men marches on, and it rages in our own houses and communities, where the common man as I beleive you said, was it you?....that everyday we are bombared with what thoughts to think and how to think them, with what to focus our hearts on and with a million things to "distract" us away from the Truths that really matter...that give us Power.  Distractions that cause us to be somber and like the scoffers who say, "all things continue on as always," Nothing will happen this day, or atleast I hope it doesn't happen today...and I will worry about tomorrow tomorrow, but let me have this day in peace.

Peace is a result of Freedom and we are not free.  You know John, I do like you, have such a sadness and pain seeing the multitudes of the average....like sheep ...trusting in masters that are ravenous wolves, many disguised as True Shepherds.  Sheep are very simple and passive creatures, and thus why Jesus not only said to his Disciples but says to those today who he calls to.....Feed my sheep!   And he didn't just say it....I am sure his eyes were very serious and his heart very full of compassion when he commanded and at the same time pleaded....Feed my sheep! 

We can all do something!  We might not know this very minute what it is; it may not be to stand among the thousands or even to stand up against great evil men, but heaven rejoices over the Salvation of one soul; one Truth spoken or cast upon the water rolls on and on...if words can kill they can also bring Life!  We can stand from right where we are....in the army of the Captain of our Salvation and Fight the Good fight of Faith!   Everyday we are confronted with many people and by many issues....probably way more than we are "recognizing."  Every word we say, every expression we give, every deed we do....has an effect that rolls on and on.  I see it like this....like a glass of clear water...and a drop of food coloring is dropped into it....how it disperses and changes eventually all the clear color to another color.....the water is the world .....and ....each life is making this kind of impact on the people and world around them.  Our lives are not futile or in vain; and what we say and do is not; we may not have the ability, capacity, or power to change the world, but we can and do influence it!  And as you say, each average man counts.

We can fight with Love and with the power of prayer, and it accomplsihes more than we will likely ever see in this life, when we are fervent, and when we are fervent is when we ought to pray, because it's then that our own passion captures heaven's notice and also heaven's action..."We are encompassed about by a great cloud of witnesses."....More is accomplsihed by God's Power when his people pray than by an army of soldiers....because its' not against flesh and blood that we fight...but powers....and it's not mortal man that pulls down the strongholds of evil, but it's by the prayers of a righteous man that heaven moves on behalf of the prayers of the saints, which reminds me of ..Dessert Storm....and the stories we heard about invisible interventions on those dessert sands on behalf of the army of America.

If or when we are stirred with a cause; it's right then that there is power in the requests we make to heaven in the name above all names. Amen.

+0
Jan
Jan Blair

81 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/30/2009 2:29:01 PM

John this could n't of been said better

Islam  Many of their peole are   moving in all over he world and  teach  their children   to hate christain  and other religions we are dogs we don't deserve to  live   and as you said there are many  peaceful people.

but like  the  Germany nazi did, they send  the faithful  fanitic out to collonate and be ready  for when the alam will be sent  to all attach all ovwer the world   little attach all at once no one will know what hit them

Why the american borders are not closed I will never know.  On every corner is and  forgin owner  in  most states. How is it you   hardly see an American owner.?

What is happening here?

How can Americans surve if  all is going out of the country why isn't this stopped?

i am a Christain and I wish all  well and many blessing

Jannette

ohn pleas  pass this on  it is not of faith  but   of  family  well being  in what we choose to eat.

Subject: S. American beef @ Mcdonalds

THIS IS A GOOD DECENT MAN WHO TOOK THE TIME TO WRITE THIS AND: HE SIGNED THE STATEMENT AND: INCLUDED HIS CONTACT INFO:

I'm sure those of you who aren't in the cattle business don't understand the issues here. But to those of us whose living depends on the cattle market, selling cattle, raising the best beef possible... This is frustrating.

This will keep us from ever stopping there again, even for a drink.

The original message is from the Texas Cattle Feeders Association American cattle producers are very passionate about this.

McDonald's claims that there is not enough beef in the USA to support their restaurants. Well, we know that is not so. Our opinion is they are looking to save money at our expense. The sad thing of it is that the people of the USA are the ones who made McDonald's successful in the first place, but we are not good enough to provide beef.

We personally are no longer eating at McDonald's, which I am sure does not make an impact, but if we pass this around maybe there will be an impact felt.

Please pass it on. Just to add a note: 

All Americans that sell cows at a livestock auction barn had to sign a paper stating that we do NOT EVER feed our cows any part of another cow. South Americans are not required to do this as of yet.

McDonald's has announced that they are going to start importing much of their beef from South America . The problem is that South Americans aren't under the same regulations as American beef producers, and the regulations they have are loosely controlled.

They can spray numerous pesticides on their pastures that have been banned here at home because of residues found in the beef. They can also use various hormones and growth regulators that we can't. The American public needs to be aware of this problem and that they may be putting themselves at risk from now on by eating at good old McDonald's.

American ranchers raise the highest quality beef in the world and this is what Americans deserve to eat.. Not beef from countries where quality is loosely controlled. Therefore, I am proposing a boycott of McDonald's until they see the light.
I'm sorry but everything is not always about the bottom line, and when it comes to jeopardizing my family's health, that is where I draw the line.
 I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) .... and those 300 send it to at l east ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you? Acting together we can makea difference.. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

David W. Forrest, Ph.D ., PAS, Dipl.

ACAP Department of Animal Science

Texas A&M University

> Phone (979) 845-3560
>
> Fax (979) 862-3399
>
> 2471 TAMU College Station , TX 77843-2471

RESTART YOUR LIFE is the Key to Your becoming Healthy, Wealthy and Wise! https://www.restartyl.com/jannetbl
+0
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/30/2009 3:17:49 PM
Hello Jannette,

The McDonald Beef email you have shared in here is true, but was back in

I found an article regarding this;

Amanda

Comments:  
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blmcds-beef.htm

The grain of truth in this alarmist rant is that McDonald's indeed announced in mid-2002 that it would test imported beef in a small percentage of its U.S. restaurants. However, the meat in question is produced in New Zealand and Australia, not South America.

McDonald's cites a short supply of lean beef as the reason for the experiment. The imported product comes from grass-fed herds, the company says, which tend to yield leaner meat than the mostly grain-fed cattle raised in the United States.

Even so, many U.S. cattle producers are calling for a boycott of McDonald's, sometimes citing the same health and safety concerns brought up in this chain letter. Their alarmist rings a bit disingenuous, however, given that Americans already consume roughly 1.5 million tons of imported beef per year, much of it from Australia and New Zealand. In fact, as of right now, the United States imports more beef than any other country in the world.

If non-U.S. beef per se really does constitute a serious health threat to American consumers, McDonald's tentative foray into the foreign market would seem to be the least of our worries.

+0
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/30/2009 5:49:45 PM

Hi Jim

Yes mate, I've entered the author up beside the title.

Both our Governments seem to pander to minority groups, but this religion? (for want of a better name) is fast becoming a very dangerous threat to everything we know and value.
+0
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/30/2009 5:58:18 PM

Hi Mary

Yes, it tends to creep up on you and before long it's too late. A bit like the line from the Johnny Cash song, "Bad news spreads like wildfire, good news travels slow"....

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!