Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: The Smile. Nothing does it better.
12/15/2008 11:54:51 AM

BEAUTIFUL!! 

Thank you, Bill.  The time we spend with our children is way too short for soon they are grown but we are always thankful for the memories.

Children Remembered

You will never know how sweet the sound
of a baby crying in the night,
'til silence weaves the halls
with its emptiness and fright.
Tiny footsteps running down the hall
leaving smears of fingerprints
'just so high' along the wall.

You will never know how beautiful the marks
'til echoing in the daylight hours
the pitter-pat of little feet
remembered in the spring showers.
Tears mingle with raindrops
as tiny voices linger in the room
where remain traces of crayon marks.

You will never know how sweet 'til
One day a small child, the next grown.
Laughter and tears, joy and pain
so filled with life of seeds sown.
Now silent as the empty halls
with their visions of children
displayed as smudges on the walls.

You will never know how precious…
'til a mother remembers the small child
that lay against her breast.
Nurtured by her and loved by all.
'Til separated by time and space.
She reaches out for memories
that only now she can embrace.
Hearing again that childish glee,
the happiness and joy shared.
Always with her heart to see
the children born from love
playing together and filling
her soul with joy untold.

You will never know until
the silence echoes reeling
into the emptiness and still
joyful remembrance replaces
sadness with treasures of smudges.
Dirty and Happy Little Faces!
You will never know 'til.....

Sara Gardner Rogers Blow Ó1983

Peace & Hugs,
Sara
+0
12/15/2008 12:03:53 PM

Hi Sara

Absolutely Beautiful. What else can I say but,,,,,,,,absolutely beautiful.(-;
May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0
12/17/2008 12:20:47 PM

Greetings All

It is time for another bit of humor.

Never Choke in a restaurant in the South

Two hillbillies walk into a bar. While having a shot of whisky, they talk about their moonshine operation.

Suddenly, a woman at a nearby table, who is eating a sandwich, begins to cough. And, after a minute or so, it becomes apparent that she is in real distress.

One of the hillbillies looks at her and says, 'Kin ya swallar?'

The woman shakes her head no.

Then he asks, 'Kin ya breathe?'

The woman begins to turn blue and shakes her head no.

The hillbilly walks over to the woman, lifts up her dress, yanks down her drawers and quickly gives her right butt cheek a lick with his tongue. The woman is so shocked that she has a violent spasm and the obstruction flies out of her mouth. As she begins to breathe again, the Hillbilly walks slowly back to the bar.

His partner says, 'Ya know, I'd heerd of that there 'Hind Lick Maneuver' but I ain't niver seed nobody do it!'

May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/17/2008 2:59:17 PM

I remember my first Christmas adventure with Grandma.  I was just a kid.  I remember tearing across town on my bike to visit her on the day my big sister dropped the bomb. "There is no Santa Claus," she jeered. "Even dummies know that!"

My Grandma was not the gushy kind, never had been.  I fled to her that day because
I knew she would be straight with me.  I knew Grandma always told the truth, and I knew that the truth always went down easier when swallowed with one of her "world-famous" cinnamon buns.  I knew they were world-famous, because Grandma said so.  It had to be true.

Grandma was home, and the buns were still warm. Between bites, I told her everything.  She was ready for me.  "No Santa Claus?" she snorted. "Ridiculous!
Don't believe it.  That rumor has been going around for years, and it makes me mad, plain mad!  Now, put on your coat, and let's go."

"Go? Go where, Grandma?" I asked.  I hadn't even finished my second world-famous cinnamon bun.  "Where" turned out to be Kerby's General Store, the one store in town that had a little bit of just about everything.  As we walked through its doors, Grandma handed me ten dollars.

That was a bundle in those days.  "Take this money," she said.  "Buy something for someone who needs it. I'll wait for you in the car." Then she turned and walked out of Kerby's.

I was only eight years old. I'd often gone shopping with my mother, but never had I shopped for anything all by myself. The store seemed big and crowded, full of people scrambling to finish their Christmas shopping.

For a few moments I just stood there, confused, clutching that ten-dollar bill, wondering what to buy, and who on earth to buy it for.

I thought of everybody I knew: my family, my friends, my neighbors, the kids at school, the people who went to my church.

I was just about thought out, when I suddenly thought of Bobby Decker. He was a kid with bad breath and messy hair, and he sat right behind me in Mrs. Pollock's grade-two class.

Bobby Decker didn't have a coat. I knew that because he never went out to recess during the winter. His mother always wrote a note, telling the teacher that he had a cough, but all the kids knew Bobby Decker didn't have a cough and he didn't have a good coat. I fingered the ten-dollar bill with growing excitement. I would buy Bobby Decker a coat!

I settled on a red corduroy one that had a hood to it. It looked really warm, and he would like that.

"Is this a Christmas present for someone?" the lady behind the counter asked kindly, as I laid my ten dollars down. "Yes, ma'am," I replied shyly. "It's for Bobby."

The nice lady smiled at me, as I told her about how Bobby really needed a good winter coat. I didn't get any change, but she put the coat in a bag, smiled again, and wished me a Merry Christmas.

That evening, Grandma helped me wrap the coat in Christmas paper and ribbon.  A little tag fell out of the coat, and Grandma tucked it in her Bible.  On a tag with a string she wrote, "To Bobby, From Santa Claus."

Grandma said that Santa always insisted on secrecy. Then she drove me over to Bobby Decker's house, explaining as we went that I was now and forever officially one of Santa's helpers.

We parked down the street from Bobby's house. Then we crept noiselessly and hid in the bushes by his front walk. Then Grandma gave me a nudge. "All right, Santa Claus," she whispered, "get going."

I took a deep breath, dashed for his front door, threw the present down on his step, pounded his door and flew back to the safety of the bushes and Grandma. Together we waited breathlessly in the darkness for the front door to open.  Finally it did, and there stood Bobby.

Fifty years haven't dimmed the thrill of those moments spent shivering, beside my Grandma, in Bobby Decker's bushes.  That night, I realized that those awful rumors about Santa Claus were just what Grandma said they were, ridiculous.  Santa was alive and well, and we were on his team.  I still have the Bible, with the coat tag for $19.95 tucked inside.

May you always have LOVE to share, HEALTH to spare and FRIENDS who care. And may you always believe in the magic of Santa Claus!

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
12/17/2008 5:12:29 PM

Hello Patricia

That was a beautiful story. It certainly does bring a smile to ones face just like we hoped for in this forum. A smile and a tear at the same time. I always think about My grandma too, especially around Christmas time. Thanks for the smile Patricia.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!