Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Strange Love - Beware !
11/14/2008 10:19:14 AM
Thanks Nick.

Hi Myna,
That pic of the cat is a classic..love it!

+0
11/14/2008 10:20:13 AM
Please post about your offer on my Classifieds site. Its free!

http://www.alberta-classifieds.ca
+0
Tim
Tim Southernwood

839 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/14/2008 10:23:22 AM
Hey Nick, hey all!

I've had these messages in many different forms in many different communities.
It's a sad commentary on the human condition..not only for the fact that people would want to try and take advantage of another person, but also that someone might actually fall for the lies and deceit!

In fact the worst thing a person can do is to answer them back even to tell them off! Your address just goes down the line (I truly believe that email addresses for those scammers are a commodity, and you just proved your own address to be valid)

Certainly a complaint within the communities on these spammers will help to remove them but only if the owner is willing to crack down on that behavior.

And I'm going to have to agree with Amanda, Myrna. That cat pic is priceless ;-)
Tim Southernwood/Get eH² Packs!/BlogNet Awards We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit - Aristotle
+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/14/2008 12:09:20 PM
Thanks Nick, just your typical spammer, i'll let Bogdan know. Love the post guys! pretty funny some you. :) Have a great day , enjoy your weekend! God_bless you.
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Lucy Walker

241 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/14/2008 1:18:12 PM

Hi Nick,

So she thinks you're sexy huh. And wants to give you all of her money. I have often thought of actually doing a little research on Desmond Phillips. He has an awful lot  of children. I know that this is a fact of life in some African countries. Men have lots of children.

I have gotten several from men and women claiming to be Desmond's children.  Out of curiosity, I'd like to know if this man actually existed and how many children he had.

Okay, how does this young lady make money out of this communication? This elaborate story is remarkable. The letters are usually shorter and stacked with less tempting offers. She really wants to makes friends with you Nick.

I had 3 of those in my Yahoo mail and 6 in my Msn junk mail folder today alone. I guess as the world economic crisis worsens we will get more.

I take it this person is a member of Adland. She seems quite gifted at English. Pershaps she is ignorant of what she is doing.

She has love for you Nick. She wants you to take her inheritance.

All jokes aside. As a teacher I have encountered some real life stories that sound rather like this one. When the child genius is standing in front of you begging you to sponsor her because her pediatrician Aunt wants to send her home for female circumcism, it is quite unsettling. This has happened a few times and I found other sponsors. One of my friends is a lawyer and he sponsored 3 students so they did not have to return. One was actually a genuis who graduated our American high school at age 15, but could not go on to college until much later.

It is too bad that circumstances cause a person to "fall in love" with a person they think can help them. She has obviously seen that wonderful heart that shines through over the Internet. Junk it and take as a compliment. Besides, I love you to, and you may have all of my inheritance. "Smile"

Peace and love,

Lucy

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!