Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jerome Pfeifer

316 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: WARNING! WARNING! EXTREME VIRUS EMAIL!
9/4/2005 5:00:39 PM
Hi Anthony, I have a new warning for you, I am writing the information now, soon I will be ready to post it. It is a shocker, and most of you have it on your computers. And if you don't have it, I am going to make sure you don't get it. Back Soon!- JP
Jerome Contact EM: 190053@adlandpro.com $250 In FREE Advertising
+0
Jim
Jim White

68 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/4/2005 8:25:36 PM
Even using these Get paid 2 Surf programs are not safe. I was auto-surfing today and sure enough up popped my norton anti-virus with a trojan horse (some trojan.elitebar?) Anyway, if you're doing autosurfing please update your protection :0) Help Keep the Enemy Out! http://wlmi.newnetmail.com/keeping_the_enemy_out.asp
+0
9/4/2005 8:39:06 PM
Jerome, I will be most interested to see what you are going to post. As you know, I'm not easily shocked, as we get a lot of emails daily, I'm still checking on one that is supposed to be from StormPay, inviting me to click on a link to send donations through them to help the survivors of the hurricane. Once I find out more, I will either post it on this forum if it is a scam, or inform members that it's not. Until I find out otherwise, I am going to have to treat it as another scam, & I advise others to be careful of it also.
+0
9/4/2005 8:48:34 PM
Jim, Hello again & thanks for that warning. I have noticed the same thing as well, but it's not the traffic surfing sites fault (well not all the time) Some people think it's funny, or are just down right malicious, by submitting a 'real' site to be added to the rotations, then changing the script once it has been accepted, & adding a little 'suprise' for other surfers. Did you report which site it was to the traffic program owners??? Normally if you report any sites to them that you have problems with (specially virus/trojan infected ones) they reward you with a bonus of some kind, as it's their livelihood that will suffer if these sites are not caught quickly. like you have pointed out, there is nothing better than good, upto date virus protection. I cannot understand how anyone today can blindly surf the 'net' without some sort of 'protection'
+0
Jerome Pfeifer

316 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
9/4/2005 10:07:08 PM
Hi Anthony, I've posted this at my forum, but I want it to get out to as many people as possible. Urgent Notice! While working in my Control Panel I had my Internet Explore to hang-up, and that was not all it done it locked me out of my c-panel. I submitted a support ticket to my hosting company to see what the problem was. And today they had it figured out that I or someone had changed my password. I thought my site had been hacked and I was right. “READ ON TO SEE WHAT CAUSED IT!” After I had Internet Explore to hang-up I submitted an error report to Microsoft and this is what came up after I clicked on the more information link. http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.aspx?SGD=c2d610ad-6e91-43a0-8f47-db5c6bbd9860&SID=1603 This is part of the information that is there Remove the software that caused the problem Thank you for submitting an error report. The error was likely caused by: IBIS Toolbar created by iDownload.com. Warning: This program shows advertisements (such as pop-ups), collects data about you, or changes settings on your PC and does one or more of the following: Installs without notifying you of the features above Does not provide information (or provides incomplete or inaccurate information) about its publisher Does not provide you with a way to stop it from running To learn more about this type of software, please visit the Microsoft Security website. To Remove IBIS Toolbar: Click Start and then click Control Panel. Click Add or Remove Programs. In Category View, click Remove a program. (If you use Classic View, go to step 4.) In the list of installed programs, select IBIS Toolbar and then click Remove or Change/Remove. Note: If the program does not appear in Add or Remove Programs, you might need to remove it using one of the automated tools listed below. The IBIS Toolbar comes with Instant Buzz, and is no more than spy ware. Once it is installed on your computer it is very hard to get rid of it. It will control your computer when you try to move away from doing what the owners want you to do; promote their site. It will cause your computer to crash over and over. To attempt to remove this program and any similar programs that might be installed on your computer, you may download and run one of these free tools: Microsoft Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta) Third-Party Security Partner Tools Spybot Search & Destroy (S&D) Lava soft Ad-aware Note: Microsoft is not responsible for the quality, performance, or reliability of third-party tools. THIS IS THE MESSAGE YOU GET WHEN TRYING TO UNINSTALL When you try to uninstall it from the Add and Remove Program it says in order to remove Instant Buzz from your computer we have to Reboot Windows. I had to shred all the files with MacAfee’s shredder, including some hidden files as found in the bug report. I am including a partial of the bug report that I got, I saved the whole thing, but I am only going to give out a partial of it. “PARTIAL BUG REPORT” madExcept version : 2.7e exception message: The application seems to be frozen. main thread ($944): 7c90eb94 ntdll.dll KiFastSystemCallRet 7c90e9be ntdll.dll NtWaitForSingleObject 7c8025d5 kernel32.dll WaitForSingleObjectEx 7c80253d kernel32.dll WaitForSingleObject 771c5cf8 wininet.dll InternetOpenUrlA 004939f1 IBDaemon.exe WinInetHTTP 83 WinInetHTTP2Stream I was not using it when this happened! This was generated by Windows error reporting. If you are using this uninstall it now to save yourself some troubles, if you are not using it don’t! Regards, JP P.S This is a mean old world to live in all by your-self, so whatever you do try and make one Friend today!
Jerome Contact EM: 190053@adlandpro.com $250 In FREE Advertising
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!