Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Teacher and Student Honored
11/3/2008 2:52:36 AM

Hi Mary,

Congratulations on the well deserved recognition that you were honored with. You are untiring in your quest to help others and we are all learning from it. Thank you.

Nice to see you paired up with John. I was overjoyed to see that he finally got the well deserved recognition too (and the $200).

I wouldn't hold my breath for the money though. When you consider the exchange rate it comes out much less and he just might not want to part with any of it. But who knows John is a giver so we might all be surprised. :)

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/3/2008 7:28:10 AM

Diane,  what a wonderful tribute.  Late in life I learned that all along I had not taught facts and information but the love of learning to all I taught.

While working as a volunteer it was stressed to me by the naturalist, "Do not worry if they don't learn names of things or their uses" What you want to impart to people is appreciation for the woods, animals, birds,  and plant life in the woods.

On the internet I am finding the same.  I have learned to appreciate those who have skills and knowledge that I did not have.  Learning the skill may not have been possible for me during certain stages of online learning but I appreciated what those skills could bring.  Then when I was ready to master them, I had the motivation imparted to me long ago.

This was not instant as I have spent 3 years learning and investing my time.  I have in my hip pocket the names/profiles of people I can contact on skype, instant messengers, my friends list here or e-mail. The beauty of the internet is that we usually receive an answer back within seconds.

Thank you for the beautiful quotes and all your hours of mentoring me as I jumped into another new learning adventure, blogging. You didn't teach me how to blog, you taught me how to appreciate blogging as a way to market.

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/3/2008 7:30:23 AM

Bill, we are not giving up one part of our life  but moving on to a new adventure.

You may give up antiquing but you won't give up your love of the ventures while antiquing.

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/3/2008 7:41:45 AM

Hi Nick,  beautiful quote.  Story telling has become my favorite way to impart information.

You will find some stories right here on "We Never Stop Learning".  They are original stories which teach  lessons for network marketers, values for life, or understanding of humanity.

There is also a forum "Understanding our Different Cultures" which teaches tolerance for people of different cultures via holidays that people celebrate.

Sharing Ideas forum has a few stories but that forum is mainly used for people to share their ideas with others to build their business.

For right now, my business forum is for gathering information on how to conduct a business by finding free and inexpensive leads.

And last, my new adventure, Panda Picks Blog for Seniors on the net. This blog is geared towards Seniors but the readership will be of all ages.  The helps there are to assist the Seniors who wish to use the net for personal reason or business ventures.

Thanks for being one of my inspirations to use stories for teaching on the net. 

+0
Beth Schmillen

3061 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/3/2008 10:18:09 AM

Congratulations Mary!

Please keep teaching because you have a class here at Adland
!

your new friend