Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Teacher and Student Honored
11/2/2008 1:54:01 PM

Greetings to Bill the Antique Man Of Belgium, and that does not mean you are old .   You have been a great friend and great mentor.  Much of what I have passed on to others came from you.

I love to share ideas with others to make the playing field level for all of us.

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/2/2008 2:01:15 PM

Hi Dimitra,  Yes, I will enjoy it.  Watch for a bunch of targeted messages from me.  Well maybe not, I promise not to over use the free service I was given.

Thanks for stopping in.  I appreciate your friendship.

+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/2/2008 2:32:02 PM
Dear Mary;

when I first logged in to reply and send my congratulations to you, what i first saw was

To Inspire and Reward

amazing words really when you think about it!

In many ways Mary, that is exactly what you have done for many people.  You strive for excellence and help others learn.  Sometimes the teacher has to become the student to also learn to pass on to others...such things as organization, interaction , professionalism. originality...yes this is also on the top of the award...another amazing :-)

Here is my little gift to you -

many people have favorite authors, books...mine happens to be Kahil Gibran. 

On Teaching
 Kahlil Gibran

No man can reveal to you aught but that which already lies half asleep in the dawning of your knowledge.

The teacher who walks in the shadow of the temple, among his followers, gives not of his wisdom but rather of his faith and his lovingness.

If he is indeed wise he does not bid you enter the house of his wisdom, but rather leads you to the threshold of your own mind.

The astronomer may speak to you of his understanding of space, but he cannot give you his understanding.

The musician may sing to you of the rhythm which is in all space, but he cannot give you the ear which arrests the rhythm nor the voice that echoes it.

And he who is versed in the science of numbers can tell of the regions of weight and measure, but he cannot conduct you thither.

For the vision of one man lends not its wings to another man.

And even as each one of you stands alone in God's knowledge, so must each one of you be alone in his knowledge of God and in his understanding of the earth.

Please visit Mary's Blog  -

Panda Picks

The teacher is now a student, who is going to make a great teacher again ...very very soon.

Best Regards

Diane
Administrative Director
BlogNet Awards

+0
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/2/2008 2:53:27 PM

Well Mary  I appreciate the rider you added lol,

but these days  It does mean old, well getting on that way  altough I dont feel it.

Unfortunatly I had to give up the Antiques due to health reasons.

But it does give me more time to concentrate on online business, so one door closed but another opened.

I am more than happy that you have shared the help I have given you. I could expect no less from someone as giving as you are.

+0
Nick Grimshawe

792 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/3/2008 1:45:58 AM
Hi Mary,

What a fitting reward for all you do here at Adlandpro. You are a special lady with a heart to teach us all through your words.

It is the stories we tell which tell our story.

Nick
Nick Grimshawe Subscribe for Free at http://beautifulsummermorning.com/subscribe-today
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!