Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Shelly Hargis

523 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Give a Shout Out to your Favorite Friend/s Here
10/25/2008 3:31:10 PM

Hi Friends,

I thought it would be nice to have a forum setup, (and maybe some have already, but the more the better, :) ), To give us all a chance to Brag about your favorite friend/s here at AdlandPro. This will give us the opportunity to get to know just how special other members here are. Please share with me and everyone and Please Invite your friends to come and share as well.

Thanks so Much, :)

Your Friend,

Shelly Hargis

P.S.

You can name more than one if you wish. We are all Grown Ups here and if you forget to mention someone, Just come back and post it. :) Shucks, you don't even have to like me, ;) Of course I understand if you don't want to name names, Just stop in and say hello. :)

+0
Beverly Kersey

1239 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Give a Shout Out to your Favorite Friend/s Here
10/25/2008 4:14:09 PM

Hi Shelly,

Thank you for this thread! However, I'm afraid I can't even beging to pick a favorite friend. Each of my friends here at Adland all have their own special place in my heart. Like your family, we are All unique and perfect in our own way. The one thing I love about Adland is that we are like a family. We disagree at times, but those that are truly your friend, can understand that we all have are differences, and we must agree to disagree, and make up. This world is screwed up enough without people arguing over silliness. I cannot, nor would I ever, even begin to have a favorite here. All of my friends are equally special to me in my heart.

LIKE THE OLD SONG GOES, LET THERE BE PEACE ON EARTH AND LET IT BEGIN WITH ME!!

Peace dove and earth ornament clip art, Peace on Earth word art Christmas graphic

Beverly Kersey
+0
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/25/2008 4:25:42 PM
Walking Garbage CanHi Shelly,
  This is a difficult dilemma, because I have mwt so many wonderful, special friends since I have joined AdlandPro Community.  It is obvious who my real Special friend.
Oscar Red Carpet 1Shirley Ruth Caron.  Shirley has amazed me since the very first time that I saw her.  As we got to know one another I realized that she was a kind, gentle person that would go out of her way to help anyone in need.  She always had a smile, would laugh readily at my corny jokes, and always seemed to be in a happy mood.  Little did I realize that she was being beaten by her husband three to four times a week for no reason, had Epilepsy which sprang on her without warning and was being belittled by her husband's family.  She wouldn't let me know these things because at the time that we met she knew that I was going through some rough times in my own marriage.  This Christmas marks my twentieth Anniversary of sobriety.  Shirley and I have been through thick and thin.  Mostly thin.  No matter how much she has suffered through the years (which has been many) she has never complained.  No matter where we are, if Shirley sees an elderly man or woman in a wheelchair, and especially if that person has their head bowed in sadness, she will go over to that person bend over, and give them a hug.  On one occasion, she was having a lot of pain in her back and bent over to hug an elderly woman.  I later asked her if she should have done that the way her back was hurting.  She smiled and said, "The pain in my back will go away, but if you don't respond to another person's needs, their pain will last."  The woman's daughter approached Shirley the following week and hugged her for giving her mother back to her.  Shirley said that it was just a little thing.  The woman responded, "No, it wasn't.  My mother has Altzeimers Desease.  She doesn't know anyone.  She has been ready to give up because her memory is gone.  When you hugged her she said that she had a wonderful warm feeling inside. She still doesn't quite know who I am, but I give her a hug at least three times a day and she has a smile on her face. She doesn't have much time left, but at least she is happy now.  Thank you. Thank you so much."  The woman reached in her purse and said that she wanted to pay her for what she did.  Shirley brushed her hand away and asked if she would really like to repay her.  The woman shook her head and Shirley gave her a hug.  "Learn how to pass it on, and I will be repaid."

The second favorite friend who knows pretty much what Shirley is going through and treats her friends and strangers in very much the same way the Shirley does.  When this wonderful friend left our community for awhile there was a vast void in the fabric of ALP. This person knows what it is like to do without, knows what it is like to hurt physically and emotionally, but also knows that by giving love you will receive so much more in return. Shirley and I have missed you so much Shelly, "Dolly, don't ever leave again."  You are loved because you give love.
GOD BLESS YOU
Mike
Easter Cross
http://countryvalues65.tripod.com
http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/1064573.aspx
http://sta.rtup.biz/profile/MichaelJamesCaron
http://jemple.com/signup/friend_Mikesound08
http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/1141963.aspx
Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/25/2008 4:36:22 PM
Greetings Shelly, Thomas Richmond here, what a nice gesture on your part, i think that is a great attitude! Call me crazy i know some have already this ask week or even beyond the years being a member here, many things do happen and many things go astray at least 3 times a year , i'm very observant as you all know by now, and i like to think you all are as well with me most definitely this you year anyway. My shot out goes to a southern pride gent who came here from CMU, got to know him and his ups and downs like a brother would, lately i have been off my rocker sort to speak with pre-launches and new ad campaigns, i caught a cold last Friday and Saturday from my 4 hour class on the voting process soon coming up on the 2nd so i been trying to post in the best spirit as possible with this nasty thing, finally developed a favor today hows that for spite. My favorite friend whether he likes me or not would be Jim Allen III, let me tell you why, he stands for what he believes is right and doesn't back down from a fight, he's an intelligent man at times and thus making money im sure of it. He knows what he does for business and i admire that. I'm not kissing up here but what i am doing as i have always done for each of you who know me is to encourage you, Jim if your reading take my words.......all my words to heart, the teachings i post aren't just for a few but for you as well so at least you'll know where im coming from. I wish you well my friend. God_bless you and your family. Thanks again Shelly God_bless you. Have an awesome weekend everybody. Thomas :)
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
10/25/2008 4:43:08 PM

Dear Shelly,

I followed Bev ... and popped in.

Great idea! I read Bev`s post and agree with her, but would like to fulfill your wish, to hear something about my best friends here.

This list can be pretty long, but YOU ASKED :) ...

I MUST ADMIT THAT I FOUND HERE ONE IDOL - THE MODEL WHICH I WISH TO REACH IN ALL MATTERS THIS LIFE TIME. HE IS ALSO A VERY DEAR AND RESPECTED FRIEND OF MINE/FAMILY :

JOE DOWNING

MY TWO VERY BEST FEMALE FRIENDS ARE :

&    

DIMITRA BRAVOU                                  ANAMARIA PADUREAN

ADMIRED PERSONS:

PETER FOGEL, PHIL BLACK, JOHN PARTINGTON, JOELLE TALMADGE, STEPHEN HAUZER, LARRY BLATHEN, NICK GRIMSHAWE

SARA BLOW, ADELINA GHITA,MYRNA FERGUSON, SHIRLEY AND MIKE CARON, TERRY GORLEY, JUDY SMITH, JOYCE PARKER-HYDE, JoAnne GREEN

MY MOTHER BRANKA AND MY AUNT LILLY ....

Shelly, you are one of my newest friends and I appreciate you very much.

I hope I didn`t forget anyone. At last, as Bev said, all are great and very appreciated and loved friends.

Wish to all blessed rest of weekend!

Luka

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!