Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Great announcement for Native Americans
1/15/2010 2:58:12 AM

Hello! My name is amanda I am a decendent of the grand ronde tribe.. my son is enrolled his father is grand ronde and south dakota ogahlala sioux. It is always good to hear our people on the rise..

Have you ever took a look at the census i think it is.. where it shows all different races on a graph gong up and down for population? then you see every race bouncing up adn down up adn down then you see us Natives _____________ flat line literally almos extinct.. most tribes have to lower there blood quantum to let people be enrolled before there ribes die odd.. this is not a joke. lol it is a horrible truth.

anyways i wanted to introduce my self and make some friends here.. If anyone has some spare time please visit my website and give me some input on it.. what I need to change or any advice on getting it going.. I am trying to make a living from here and being so new it has been a difficult road. wannafindyou.com

I love all the pictures posted in here.. I am thinking about keping a couple of them as backgrounds for my laptop.

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/15/2010 8:05:30 AM

Amanda

I live way over in the United Kingdom in Southern England so any direct help is out, however, you are in the right place. Myrna and our friends will be delighted to see you here.

Roger

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/15/2010 1:27:09 PM
HI Amanda,

I thank you for coming in to the Native American forum. All information that you would like to post is welcome. I am after the truth, for our Native Americans, they have been mistreated for way too long. Please come back again.
This video shows a little of how things are in the USA for Native Americans

Hugs,
Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/15/2010 1:50:50 PM
Hi Roger,

Thank you for being there for Amanda, I surely want her and everyone to feel welcome to the Native Americans.
I found this lovely prayer. Enjoy.

Hugs,
Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/17/2010 11:23:09 PM

Hi Myrna,

Here's a little something I found while I was researching for our new Friend Amanda.

Black Elk - Medicine Man

Black Elk (Hehaka Sapa) (c. December, 1863; August 17, or August 19, 1950 (sources differ) was a famous Wichasha Wakan (Medicine Man or Holy Man) of the Oglala Lakota (Sioux). He was Heyoka and a second cousin of Crazy Horse. Black Elk participated, at about the age of twelve, in the Battle of Little Big Horn of 1876, and was injured in the Wounded Knee Massacre in 1890. In 1887, Black Elk traveled to England with Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show.

Black Elk Speaks: Being the Life Story of a Holy Man of the Oglala Sioux

Black Elk's Story Of The Great Circle

You have noticed that everything an Indian does is in a circle, and that is because the Power of the World always works in circles, and everything tries to be round. In the old days when we were a strong and happy people, all our power came to us from the sacred hoop of the nation, and so long as the hoop was unbroken, the people flourished. The flowering tree was the living center of the hoop, and the circle of the four quarters nourished it. The east gave peace and light, the south gave warmth, the west gave rain, and the north with its cold and mighty wind gave strength and endurance.

This knowledge came to us from the outer world with our religion. Everything the Power of the World does is done in a circle. The sky is round, and I have heard that the earth is round like a ball, and so are all the stars. The wind, in its greatest power, whirls. Birds make their nests in circles, for theirs is the same religion as ours. The sun comes forth and goes down again in a circle. The moon does the same, and both are round. Even the seasons form a great circle in their changing, and always come back again to where they were. The life of a man is a circle from childhood to childhood, and so it is in everything where power moves. Our teepees were round like the nests of birds, and these were always set in a circle, the nation's hoop, a nest of many nests, where the Great Spirit meant for us to hatch our children.

Black Elk - Oglala Sioux

Have A Blessed & Peaceful Evening My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!