Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Great announcement for Native Americans
1/10/2010 5:22:04 PM

I have to make a visit to one of my favourite forums run by one of my favourite friends

From chilly Olde England

a reminder of chilly Olde N.America

Keep Warm

l_b9f737c744d68806f95def14cc64b1dc2.gif picture by romacmail

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/10/2010 5:44:47 PM

Hi Myrna and Roger,

So happy to be here at a such a Special Place - Where I might meet and spend time with my Friends.

Native American Winter Solstice Celebration

No matter what our spiritual beliefs, or what part of the world we live, we all share the turning of the sun on the solstices. Winter Solstice on December 21 is the shortest day of the year for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere. After the Winter Solstice, each day becomes longer until the longest day of the year arrives around June 21st.

Honoring the solstice is something lost to most of us, and it feels deeply meaningful, in a mystical sort of way, to choose to make a glimmer of connection. Here is a winter solstice rite observed by many Native American tribes. It is a ritual that honors your ancestors, belief system, and a way of offering prayer and gratitude:

Prayer sticks are made by everyone in a family for four days before the solstice. On the day named as the solstice, the prayer sticks are planted-at least one by each person-in small holes dug by the head of the household. Each prayer stick is named for an ancestor or deity.

Traditional prayer sticks are usually:

Made out of cedar and are forked;
Are equivalent to the measurement from the maker’s elbow to the tips of their fingers;
and
Are taken from a tree that the maker feels connected to.
Tobacco is offered to the largest tree of the same species in the area and permission is asked to take a part of its relative.
The bark can be stripped.
The bark can be carved on the stick.
One feather should be added to the prayer stick; traditionally this is a wild turkey feather.
A bit of tobacco is placed in a red cloth and tied onto one of the forks.
Fur or bone from an animal that the maker wishes to honor is tied onto the stick.
Metal or stones should not be tied to the stick.
It is also customary to say prayers silently as one makes the prayer stick.

From Celebrating the Great Mother, by Cait Johnson and Maura D. Shaw.

Cherokee Prayer Blessing

May the Warm Winds of Heaven

Blow softly upon your house.

May the Great Spirit

Bless all who enter there.

May your Mocassins

Make happy tracks

in many snows,

and may the Rainbow

Always touch your shoulder.

Have A Blessed Sunday My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/10/2010 6:40:10 PM

Phil,

We meet the nicest people here.

I loved the video.

I needed that right at this moment. I feel healed.

Roger

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/13/2010 9:32:31 PM

Hello Myrna & Everyone,

I realize that this is a little off-topic, however these folks need a Friend right now, and we're all Children of the One True God. I just received this from members of TeamSarah...

URGENT: Prayer & Aid Request for Haiti

Friends,

The devastation from the 7.0 earthquake in Haiti is absolutely heartbreaking.

We are calling on all Team Sarah members to join us in praying for the victims of the quake and to prayerfully consider making a financial donation to the relief efforts that are so desperately needed. We are called to make sacrifices for our fellow brothers and sisters and the people in Haiti are in dire need.

“If a brother or sister has nothing to wear and has no food for the day, and one of you says to them, ‘Go in peace, keep warm, and eat well,’ but you do not give them the necessities of the body, what good is it?” – James 2: 15-16.

We’ve provided a list of well-known organizations that have set up relief for the victims of the quake.

Caritas Internationalis: A Confederation of 162 National Catholic Charity Organizations

(Haiti is 80% Catholic)

http://www.caritas.org/

Doctors Without Borders:

http://doctorswithoutborders.org/

International Red Cross:

http://www.icrc.org/eng

Thank you for joining with us in prayer and compassion.

Thank You,

The Tiny Team behind the Team

teamsarahhq@gmail.com

Remember He Said...

Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." Matthew 25:40 (KJV)

Each one shares according to his resources.

Below is a Candle of Hope and a Brief Prayer for these our Brothers and Sisters in pain & suffering

Oh, God our Father:

In faith we acknowledge your paternal care over us, your sons, daughters and children. In hope we trust in your divine providence of giving us wisdom and courage as we face the challenges in life. In love we invoke your help and guidance during these difficult days of death and destruction in this small country.

Our is a prayer of thanksgiving for once again reminding us that ours is an imperfect world, that heaven is not on earth and that nature every now and then tells us not to abuse her. Ours too is a prayer of repentance for calling upon you when we are in need and desperation but forgetting you in favourable times and pleasing occasions. Ours as well is a prayer of petition as we say:

Grant eternal peace to those who lost their lives. Embrace the children who died in their innocence. Help those who are hurt and cure those who are sick.

Encourage those who suffer the destruction of their homes and properties, and to once again stand up and rebuild their future.

Bless all those who extend their helping hands to those in need of food, shelter and clothing, who share their time, talents and resources with others.

Inspire more people to be men and women for their neighbors, convinced that the more they are for others, the taller they stand before you.

Spare us please from other natural disasters and devastations if this be according to Your will and for our own spiritual good and growth.

In The Holy Name Of Jesus, O Father We Ask This.

Amen

God Bless You My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/14/2010 1:29:23 PM
HI Phil,

Thanks for your thoughtfulness and your prayer for the people of Haiti. Our hearts goes out to these people in their hour of need. Prayer is the best thing we can give, but they also need funds for water, food and medical attention. Thanks for listing some of the good resources.
I think we need to keep your prayer alive:

Oh, God our Father:

Infaith we acknowledge your paternal care over us, your sons, daughtersand children. In hope we trust in your divine providence of giving uswisdom and courage as we face the challenges in life. In love we invokeyour help and guidance during these difficult days of death anddestruction in this small country.

Ouris a prayer of thanksgiving for once again reminding us that ours is animperfect world, that heaven is not on earth and that nature every nowand then tells us not to abuse her. Ours too is a prayer of repentancefor calling upon you when we are in need and desperation but forgettingyou in favourable times and pleasing occasions. Ours as well is aprayer of petition as we say:

Granteternal peace to those who lost their lives. Embrace the children whodied in their innocence. Help those who are hurt and cure those who aresick.

Encourage those who suffer the destruction of their homes and properties, and to once again stand up and rebuild their future.

Blessall those who extend their helping hands to those in need of food,shelter and clothing, who share their time, talents and resources withothers.

Inspiremore people to be men and women for their neighbors, convinced that themore they are for others, the taller they stand before you.

Spareus please from other natural disasters and devastations if this beaccording to Your will and for our own spiritual good and growth.

In The Holy Name Of Jesus, O Father We Ask This.

Amen

Many blessings,
Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!