Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Great announcement for Native Americans
1/14/2010 2:49:36 PM
Hi Phil,

I know why I missed you so much, it because of thesebeautiful posts you come up with. I love the Sioux Legend. What fearsdoes to the human being is awful and when we get rid of the fear whatpeace is received.

I liked this so much I took it to The Mountain of Love and posted it, it belonged there too.
The song "Down to the River to Pray is lovely, I have always liked that too. Just keep those super great posts coming.

Black Elk Oglala Sioux Holy Man

1863-1950

You have noticed that everything as Indian does is in a circle, and that is becausethe Power of the World always works in circles, and everything tries to be round..... The Sky is round, and I have heard that the earth is round like a ball, and so are all the stars. The wind, in its greatest power, whirls. Birds make their nest in circles, for theirs is the same religion as ours....

Even the seasons form a great circle in their changing, and always come back again to where they were. The life of a man is a circle from childhood to childhood, and soit is in everything power moves.

Hugs,

Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/14/2010 2:52:36 PM

Hi Myrna,

Thanks for your comments and thanks for keeping the Prayer going. It's hard to imagine the entire world as you know it, collapsing in rubble all around you.

May God wrap his loving arms around all of those in Haiti and keep them always in His Care.

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/14/2010 3:12:36 PM
Hi Roger,

I sure do love having you with the Native Americans, keep coming back. I found an Indian poem for you.

CALL TO THE FOUR SACRED WINDS
I call to the East, where the Father ascends
to all Mother Earth where life begins.
I fly through the cedars, pines, willows, and birch
as animals below me wander and search.

I call to the South, to the land down below.
Turtle stands silent, as man strings his bow
to hunt food and fur for his kin before snow.
A life will end so others will grow.

I call to the North, that yansa once knew.
I follow their path til it disappears from view.
Once vast in number, there stand but a few.
I hear only ghost thunder of millions of hooves.

I call to the West, to the ends of the lands,
to the Tsalagi, Kiowa, Comanche ... all bands.
Unite for the strength. Teach the young and demand
that you are Native Americans.Learn your tongue and stand.

My name is Freedom... I fly through this land.
I call to the Four Sacred Winds of Turtle Island.

Hugs,

Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/14/2010 3:24:21 PM

Hello Again Myrna,

I'm so glad that you enjoyed The Sioux Legend, and it's strange, but I've had the tune to "Down To The River To Pray" on my mind all morning. Our Friend Judy is having some minor Surgery this morning, and she needs our prayers as well.

At a time when we all yearn for Peace among all the diverse "Tribes" of Man, I found this Prayer to be especially meaningful.

A PRAYER FOR THE HEALING OF NATIONS
By Lily-Therese “Sacred Dove”

Oh Great Spirit, Our Father, whose breath of Life we experience in every direction of our great nations, hear us. Great Spirit whose voice we hear in silence and in the roar of thunder, listen to our prayers for World Peace. We come to you as the children of all great nations, in love, faith, trust, and unity.

Father Sky, bring us warm rains of cleansing waters. Give us clouds with silver linings, and the ability to cope during the winds of change, and uncertainty. Mother Earth, bless us with abundant food to feed all the nations. Give us a bountiful harvest to nourish those that walk on two legs, those that walk on four legs, those that fly, swim, and crawl. Grandfather Sun, shine abundantly on all nations. Grandmother Moon, brighten our way in times of darkness.

Creator of all great nations, bless all your creations including, sky eagles, tiny ants, great bear, majestic mountains, winding rivers, powerful oceans, rain forests, desert sand, mighty trees, green valleys, fish in the seas, birds in the air, tricky coyote, and peaceful dove.

Bless the weak, the sick, the hungry, the lonely, and the homeless. Bless the poor and the rich, the mighty, the fearless and the fearful. Give us the inner strength to fight negativity and the darkness of despair, in these changing times. Give us hope in times of depression, faith in times of fear, and a joyful and loving heart. Give us healing in spite of our worries and life challenges. Open our hearts and minds to love, and the acceptance of all our neighbors no matter where they live, despite our physical differences.

Great Spirit, Light of the World, bless all the Great Nations, and may your peace and harmony reign in our universe. We are many branches on ONE tree. Help us to accept our diversity, just as we welcome the change of seasons, and acknowledge we are all part of the whole. Bless us as we spiritually awaken to your call of universal love and forgiveness. Heal, prosper, and unite All Nations through the power of your unconditional Love.

Amen

May God Bless You My Friend

And

May He Grant Us Peace,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/14/2010 3:27:13 PM
Hi Phil,

You know out of tragedy good things happen, this is my prayer for Haiti, I believe it good will come out of this horrible thing.

Blessings to all,
Myrna

Keep the candle of hope burning.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!