Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Teenage suicides - YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
10/4/2008 7:29:00 AM

Hi Roger,  This is an outstanding forum thread.  I will promote your information in as many places as I can and will get back to you the total as you requested.

Teenagers have a war going on in their very being as we all know.  They are striving to make life long decisions, hormones are raging, they have an identity crises going on every waking moment.  Wear the wrong thing, get made fun of, talk to the wrong people, struggle with acme and the list goes on and on.

I like your G-I-V-E illustration of how we can calm the crises and wars going on in their heads everyday.  Affirm their worth, compliment good decisions, and encourage them to be themselves.

From personal experience I can relate to the trauma of a teenager attempting suicide.  At age 16 my daughter did so with pills over a simple matter of being reprehended  for taking my car without permission. If only they knew, everyone makes mistakes and with every problem, we grow learning to make better decisions in the future.

Give a kid a hug today! ! !

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/4/2008 9:29:05 AM
hi Roger,

Suicide is one huge problem, I have found a good like for help:

http://www.revolutionhealth.com/conditions/mental-behavioral-health/depression/suicide-prevention/offering-help?s_kwcid=suicidehelp|1128115314

Thanks for caring.

Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/4/2008 8:50:54 PM

Mary,

Your words are so true.

Your support is very welcome and very valuable.

Time denies me the opportunity to reply further but you need to know that your reply hits the spot.

Roger

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/4/2008 8:52:30 PM

Myrna,

I'll check the site out first thing tomorrow.

Roger

+0
Rinna Rani

5162 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/7/2008 1:17:00 AM
Hi Roger,
Thank you so much for spreading this message.  You have truly made a big difference.  Will spread the word.

Love, Rinna

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!