Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Teenage suicides - YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
10/2/2008 2:31:27 AM

JoAnne,

Thank you so much for caring.

I will read and digest.

When it is so near to you personally it is harder to be effective.

Thank youagain.

Roger

+0
Branka Babic

2716 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/3/2008 2:53:54 PM

Hello Roger,

I saw the theme of your forum a few days ago, but didn`t have the time to post.

I have my own fight with this problem for a years ago. Unfortunately, my country is third in Europe when the number of suicides are in the question. And among all suicides ... a 40 % are IN teenage.

We, as a society, have had experienced destruction at all levels, but unfortunately, THE BIGGEST IS WITHIN FAMILIES. I do not know now precise, in % - how often is divorce .... but at cases where marriages survive, maybe a divorce could be better.

All the consequences of civil war and governance of mafia and criminal gangs, a lot of weapon and narcotics along the streets, who knows how many robberies daily .... AND THE BAD GUYS HONORED AS HEROES .... all that together led all, and specially teenagers, to a destruction.

I was a single mother in this big city .... Before I have had a prejudice that genetics is more important than i found it really is ....

Key words for helping teenagers are : LOVE, RESPECT FOR THEM, HEARTFELT RELATIONSHIP, AND ABOVE ALL THIS - OFFERING A MODEL.

My son always brought with him troops :) , so I really have had one serious work with them. Their families usually were near dissolution ... misery, hunger, strife, carnage ...

I was days and nights speaking with them, building their self esteem ... and I am happy knowing that all of them passed those days much easier than if were alone.

I just hope all what I wrote is understudy.

I very appreciate this call to help teenagers, but I think adults (their parents) also need to be observed and taught in right way.

Thank you Roger for spreading this !

Branka

+0
Beverly Kersey

1239 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/3/2008 8:38:59 PM

Thank you Roger for this very important message. I will also send this thread to all on my friends list. As a grandmother of 13, I feel that it is so important to keep the lines of communication open with our children and grandchildren, as well as to their friends.

God Bless You My Friend!

Beverly Kersey
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/4/2008 6:40:29 AM

Thank you for your support Beverley.

It is really appreciated and if it saves one life then what a success.

Roger

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/4/2008 6:47:39 AM

Bless you Branka,

With all the joys and freedoms that have come to your country, you have, like many others, to face the nasty side of a market driven economy.

It is so sad that with all the good things in the world so many just self-destruct.

We really do need to let everyone know that they are loved, worthwhile or just plain special.

Keep up your loving attitude.

Roger

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!