Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Would'nt it be great
9/27/2008 9:22:06 PM

Was Sarah Palin a Good Choice for the Republican Vice
President Nomination?
Five Reasons that Palin is an Excellent Choice

By David DeWitt, published Sep 04, 2008
Was Sarah Palin a good choice for the Republican Vice-President?
To be honest I had serious doubts when I heard her name for a couple of reasons. 

First, I had never really heard of her before and name recognition
means a lot in presidential elections.

Second, Alaska carries only three 
electoral votes and this would not be a large gain for John McCain.

Third, she seemingly had very little experience in the political arena.  After watching things for a week, seeing the national response and learning
more about Governor Palin. I firmly and fully believe that she was not only a good choice for McCain's running mate but the best choice he could have
made. I say this for several very good reasons.

1.) Palin has executive
office experience
Governor Palin has executive
office experience that required her to
make important decisions on a day to day basis. Not only was she
the governor of Alaska but she was also a mayor in Alaska. The fact
is that this gives her more credibility than we might originally think.

In the area of executive office, Sarah Palin has more experience than
Barrak Obama. This is not mere rhetoric, it is a statement of fact.

2.) Palin is a proven fighter Sarah Palin is indeed a fighter, just like John McCain. Her statement
about Hockey moms seems to add weight to this argument. "The only difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull is lipstick." It seems that Governor Palin has and will continue to go on the attack against the Democratic ticket. I do believe that I have already heard Governor Palin referred to as the "Iron Lady." A title that I think is fitting with her character, integrity and resolve.

Palin fought corruption in Alaska and it won her the admiration and
support of her fellow Alaskans. Not only did she defeat the incumbent Republican Governor but also soundly defeated her democratic opponent.
Sarah Palin may be a relatively new governor but she is one of the most popular in the United States.

+0
9/27/2008 9:30:55 PM
Linda this article echos my sentiments exactly.

McCain VP pick Sarah Palin's good for women -
and not because she is one
By S.E. CUPP
Friday, August 29th 2008, 2:39 PM

For the sake of this argument, let's pretend the attractive mother of
five isn't a woman, and let's call her Sam.
Sam Palin has impeccable conservative credentials. He's a reformer,
he's pro-life, he's for small and effective government and he's for drilling domestically, even if it's in his own state. He supports capital punishment and opposes same-sex marriage. He shocked eco-activists looking to put polar bears on the endangered species list by revealing that in his state, the population has actually risen. He's forceful with big oil companies, but, like McCain, wants to address climate change in serious ways.

Furthermore, he's likable. He's a family man. Sam hunts. Sam fishes.
He plays with his kids, one of whom has Down syndrome.
And he was elected governor of Alaska as an antidote to government
corruption and fiscal irresponsibility. He's found creative ways to bring money to his state (he sold a private jet belonging to the state on eBay for $2.7 million), and made $237 million in budget cuts.
Though he's only been governor for two years, he served as a mayor and
city councilman since 1992. And of the three candidates on these national tickets - McCain, Barack Obama and Joe Biden - he's the only one to actually have run anything. Sam's been successful as a businessman, a mayor and a governor. He brings youth and an everyman appeal to the ticket, he softens McCain and he appeals to the conservative base.
While Mitt Romney, Eric Cantor and Tim Pawlenty would have made decent
choices for McCain, Sam's resume and qualifications make it difficult to imagine anyone else as well-suited to run with John McCain.
If Palin were in fact a man, the choice would have been obvious, quietly
applauded and generally supported by right-leaning voters.
But Sarah has something the other three don't - and it isn't anatomical.
She is a direct response to the false promises of the Obama campaign thus far. She is a direct response to the cloying pageantry of the Democratic National Convention. And she is a direct response to the empty platitudes of "hope and change," an example of real hope and change for Americans, not because she's a woman but because she's a committed conservative.
She is a throwback to the cowboy individualism of Barry Goldwater, a nod
to the fiscal policies of Ronald Reagan and a flag-bearer for the common-sense pragmatism of ordinary working parents everywhere. Selling a plane on eBay is just one example of the kind of problem-solving intuition she'll bring to Washington.
Carrie Lukas, head of the Independent Women's Forum, has rightly said that
all issues are women's issues. What makes an "administration good for women is advancing the conservative agenda of limiting government and returning power to the people."
She says the Reagan administration has been the only one to significantly
advance the rights of women, not because of pet projects designed specifically for them, but because he cut taxes and reduced regulations. And as a result, she says, "Women have greatly prospered in the modern economy."
To listen to Michelle and Hillary, though, the past 50 years have been disastrous
for women, and the next President needs to pick up where Gloria Steinem left off.
To the contrary, the selection of Sarah Palin by John McCain for running mate signals a real and very significant promise of change in Washington - not because she's a woman, but because she's a real conservative.
Cupp is author of "Why You're Wrong About the Right,"
with Brett Joshpe. She lives and works in New York City.

+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Sarah Palin
9/27/2008 10:11:12 PM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Sarah Palin
9/27/2008 10:29:05 PM
Thanks Nick !
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/27/2008 10:31:53 PM
Shellee,

Thanks for the write up on  Sarah Palin !  I really think she will be for the Good of the People of the USA !

Linda
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!