Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Phil's Corner: BAKED STUFFED CHICKEN
9/11/2008 7:23:35 PM

Hi Myrna,

Thanks so much for stopping back by and I am so glad you like the Sweet Potatoes.

Have A Blessed Evening My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/11/2008 7:44:07 PM

Hi Phil,

Glad you made it.  You had a rough day, my friend.  I revisit it every year.  I will not forget.  I know you must still miss your friend, but I cannot help but cheer for him and his comrades at the heroism - I just cannot imagine!! I will pray that you will find peace and acceptance  - they saved many lives with their heroic and courageous actions.

+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/11/2008 7:56:33 PM

I am back!!!

Phil, I hope we had the kitchen clean up enough for you.  Yummy - sweet potatoes.  We really don't eat enough of them and we love them - thanks for the reminder. 

I haven't made that recipe yet, but you can be sure I will - I would probably use fresh potatoes, but I doubt that would matter.  Thanls of sharing  it with us.  I sounds delicious !

Have a wonderful and peace filled evening, Phil!

Judy

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/11/2008 8:07:42 PM
Thank you Phil

Just want to let you know I agree with Judy, she said so well.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/11/2008 9:19:41 PM

Hi Luella,

Thanks my Friend.  I appreciate your kind Thoughts and Words.  Tonight I will be praying for you my Friend, that He will wrap His arms around you and keep Ike far away from where you are, and that you will have a Peaceful Weekend. 

As I said, I just got this out of the Newspaper first of this week, and I haven't been able to find a similar recipe which allows for baking.  I would guess about 30 minutes @ 350, but that's just an educated guess.  I do use a similar recipe which I do bake in the oven, except that it uses Maple syrup instead of Honey...

Baked Sweet Potatoes & Apples

3 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed

2-3 tablespoons unsalted butter

3 large apples, peeled, cored and sliced in 1/3-inch slices

1 teaspoon rubbed sage

1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Salt and pepper to taste

2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter

1 tablespoon pure maple syrup

Cook potatoes in medium saucepan in boiling water until slightly tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from pan, drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking. Peel and slice into 1/3-inch slices.

Heat 2-3 tbs butter in large fry pan over medium-high heat. Fry apple slices in batches until lightly browned on each side. Remove from pan and set aside.

Layer potatoes and apples alternately in a buttered or sprayed 8x8-inch baking dish, starting with an apple layer and ending with sweet potatoes. The layers are best if angled so that no layer is completely covered. Sprinkle with the sage, cinnamon, salt, pepper, melted butter and maple syrup. Place in preheated 350° F oven and bake for 30 minutes or until hot, bubbly and slightly browned on top. Serve immediately.

I use Vermont Pure Maple syrup, which actually I buy at the Cracker Barrel Old Country Store (Just click on the drop-down menu for Food Items).  This recipe is easily doubled and it also reheats quite well in an oven or a microwave.

This is delicious and is a favorite around here, especially during Thanksgiving & Christmas.

Hope this helps.

God Bless My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!