Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Phil's Corner: BAKED STUFFED CHICKEN
9/11/2008 6:15:45 AM
Nick!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs,
Luella
+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/11/2008 7:13:13 AM

Hi again - I think I had better go get Phil.  This is getting out of hand and we are going to mess up his kitchen!!

+0
Joelees Wholesale

5917 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
9/11/2008 9:29:38 AM
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/11/2008 3:11:24 PM

Hi Luella,

Thanks for posting this little attempt at humor on my part.  Since it had been a while since I had been by to visit, I figured, why not start off with a BANG!?  It's wonderful to see everyone getting a smile out of it.  I apologize for not being here earlier, however today is always an especially sad day for me, and it's been particularly hard this year, with the Election looming and the very future of our Beloved Country, depending on the outcome.  

We were visiting the graveside of a Friend this morning, just as we have for the past seven years on this date.  My Friend, you see, was one of the Heroes who, along with six other crew members, thirty-three passengers, and the four Heathen Savages who Hi-jacked the plane, died in that field up in PA, when Flight 93 crashed on September 11, 2001.

As I said, I am happy to see everyone here, and I do happen to have another little recipe that I wanted to share, after this brief note. 

As we go through today, thinking and remembering all of the Brave Men and Women who perished that Horrible Day, just seven years ago this morning, may we never forget them, and may we honor their memories in all that we do.  May we never forget and may we never rest until the Evil that was responsible is destroyed for Eternity and banished from the face of the Earth. 

God Bless You My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/11/2008 3:41:31 PM

Hello Again,

As I said, I'd like to share a little something that, believe it or not, I got from our local Newspaper just the other day, and finally tried just last evening.

This simple recipe uses three of my favorites, Sweet Potatoes, Apples, and Honey.  Sweet Potatoes are irresistibly sweet, creamy, and around this part of the country at least, are considered a real snack treat.  Many would be surprised to learn that a 3.5-ounce serving contains twice the recommended daily amount of vitamin A, is a good source of vitamin C, and has a mere 141 calories.  I am also proud to say that my great Home State of NC leads the US in the production of this healthy Root Vegetable and in 2007, produced over 38% of the total supply for the Country.

So without further delay...

MASHED SWEET POTATOES WITH APPLES & HONEY

One 2-pound 8-ounce can sweet potatoes (usually called yams) in syrup, drained
2 Tbsp. honey
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 cup chunky applesauce

In a large microwave-safe bowl, mash the sweet potatoes with a potato masher or fork.  Stir in the honey, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in the applesauce.

Cover the bowl, then microwave on high for 3 to 5 minutes, or until hot, stirring once midway through.

Start to finish: 15 minutes.

Serves 6.

According to the rest of my family, this goes great with my Baked Pork Chops and a Salad.   Personally, I thought it went pretty well with a Salad and a Bowl of White Beans, with just a touch of Olive Oil and smothered with Chopped Onions.  Either way, I think you'll enjoy it.

Thanks Again My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!