Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: POLL -PERSON OF THE WEEK - POTW ... PERSON OF THE MONTH - POTM OR ........
9/9/2008 3:05:57 AM

Hello Luka,

Thank you for sharing your optimism with us. On a personal level I'm a great optimist too and believe that in the end things have a way of working out for the better.

Congratulations on your DGOTW win.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/9/2008 3:08:06 AM

And a ^5 to you Steven!!!!! :)

YOUR support is much appreciated.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/9/2008 7:57:30 AM

Hi Peter,

I think the election just needs more promotion.  What if you had a list of forum sponsors?  If many forum owners would agree to announce the election at least once a week to their entire forum membership, in exchange for a link to our forum be listed at the POTW threads each week as "Proud Sponsors of the POTW Election"...?  Of course, one of you would need to make sure those forum owners mention the election in their forums at least once weekly or be removed from the Sponsors Listing.  I think lots of forum owners would be very interested in something like that!

+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/9/2008 12:33:43 PM

Hi Kathleen,

Thanks for your input. It is definitely a thought and as you well know there are forum owners that are doing just that already and their support is much appreciated.

We'll consider widening the base with other forums too in the future.

One thing for sure though is that our friends sending out reminders to their friends list definitely helps either through forums (the majority) and some even through direct mails. If more of our friends would do that we would have much more exposure in the community at large.

Thanks for your support.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/9/2008 3:45:47 PM

Hi again Peter!

I think it would help new members really get into the swing of things if they could get visitors to their forum, and having a list of Sponsors somewhere at the POTW forum would be a hand-in-hand effort of the entire community.  You'd get a LOT more people here if dozens or hundreds of forums were promoting the election, and those forums would get more exposure, including the new forums started by new members.

+0