Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: POLL -PERSON OF THE WEEK - POTW ... PERSON OF THE MONTH - POTM OR ........
9/8/2008 12:58:07 PM

Hello Friends,

Here's some food for thought.

This thread was started on Friday  (8/5/08). The stats are as follows: 785 views, 59 posts and 43 votes!!!!!! Granted almost half the posts are mine as replies to our friends comments but that's besides the point.

The question is this what stopped all those that viewed and read the posts here to take a minute and vote and post that they voted???? Or just vote and not post??? Voting takes less then a minute!

Think about those numbers again. 785 views and 43 votes. Pretty pathetic even when you take into account that many of you came here more then once.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
9/8/2008 1:10:22 PM

Hi Peter,

Thanks for this food for thought.

I try to figure out anything ... but ... I have a hope that this shows just a depressive phase here at Adland.

It happens, from time to time, everywhere. On personal level, within family , friendship .... and when it passes ... enthusiastic and cheerful time comes instead.

I am optimist!

Shalom,

Luka

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/8/2008 2:14:05 PM

Hi Peter, 

Just some thoughts about the 785 views:

1) People outside Adlandpro visit. People just do not realize the power of Adlandpro to get forums out to the public. 12,200 Adlanders did not read "Cool or Confusion" forum of mine.

2) People are reading the forum as they have been asked to be notified when a reply is made and they come back and read the new posting. People who know the power of your forum are concerned and want to keep track of how the vote is going.

3) Believe it or not there are some who come back as they are score keepers.  No further comment so as not to offend someone of that persuation.

4) Each of your posts would be counted as you mention.

You are correct in saying that it is a lage number visiting versus the number of votes.

Not a member of Adlandpro? Join us:  http://community.adlandpro.com/go/mahofst/partner.aspx

+0
Steven Suchar

13302 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/8/2008 7:02:07 PM
^5 Joyce!!  ^5 Phil!!

Thank You For Your Support :)

+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/9/2008 3:01:50 AM

Hello Mary,

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and experience within adland with us.

I realize and took into consideration that our friends come back for multiple visits as I mentioned in my previous post.

I am also aware that there are those that are "score keepers" with an agenda of their own and believe it or not we know who some of them are. They might have an agenda of their own but in the long run it won't help them all that much. We are made of "sterner"stuff then that and they are to be pitied more then any thing else. ):

Adland does attract visitors from outside the community and that is good for all of us since many of them join and become active members of this community.

Now you said: "You are correct in saying that it is a large number visiting versus the number of votes". I would say that that's a bit of an understatement. Wouldn't you?

In that regard here's an update of the past 24 hours.

889 views, 63 posts, 46 votes. Yesterday the stats were 785, 59, 43. Interesting isn't it?? I'll leave the math to you it's not very difficult.

Let me make one thing perfectly clear. The POTW will continue honoring those that participate and contribute to the community. We're confident that our MANY FRIENDS will continue to support the POTW and expect all past POTW winners that are still active in Adland to assist us in this worthwhile endeavor.

Thanks for your support.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!