Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Treatment I have Used
8/31/2008 11:59:32 AM
Hi Cheryl,

You make a lot of valid points about physicians, medications, and drug reps!

As far as my flare-up, I ate out in a restaurant the previous day and had some fried foods (seafood night). I rarely eat breaded or fried foods, so maybe that caused my flare-up.

I drink only water and ice tea. I do not use any artificial sweeteners and do not add sugar to my tea. Artificial sweeteners tend to exacerbate my IBS so I avoid them.

I am glad you are feeling better and able to hold down a job. That is awesome. I am retired from a psychiatric facility where I provided constructive activities to patients for 24+ years.  There, medications were a big part of treatment. There were no naturopathic doctors or  natural medications/supplements available.  I saw a lot of patients with adverse side-effects but many required medications to keep somewhat stable. (This was an in-patient facility, so the more affected patients were there).

DonnaZ
+0
9/1/2008 1:10:36 PM

I agree with that in unstable psychiatric conditions, then yes absolutely drugs are necessary, they could kill someone or themselves.  I agree.

Is your tea caffeinated.  I cannot drink iced tea at all that is why I am asking. Caffeine causes a flare up in me.  Too much of fried anything gets me too.  I stay away from it if I can.  I know I had seafood the other night and it wasn't fried, just some shrimp and boy, my stomach gave me a fit.  I think I might have eaten a bad shrimp.

Glad you feel better.

Cheryl

Cheryl and Scottie 1-888-432-4978 x81 www.feelgreatlookgreathavefun.com www.turnfunintofortune.biz www.youngevityonline.com/virella www.scottiesfreegenie.com Get our FREE Toolbar at http://feelgreatlookgreathavefun.OurToolbar.com
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/1/2008 11:24:42 PM
Hi Cheryl,

Yes, the tea I drink most of the time has caffeine. Occasionally I have herbal tea. I don't know whether that causes problems for me or not, since I have some every day. I usually make a bottle of "sun tea" from tea bags.

Take care. Keep in touch.

DonnaZ

+0
9/16/2008 11:03:46 AM
Hi Donna I actually stopped taking the Lyrica as the acupuncture has relieved most of my problems. I also exercise just like you. I also take nutritional supplements which I believe we all need. As you know Fybro is inflammation. Due to the supplements i take, I have very few days where I suffer anymore, thank goodness. If you'd like me to recommend what I take, let me know. It would be worth researching to try and find an acupuncturist. Here's to your health! Lesley
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/18/2008 8:56:55 PM
Hi Lesley,

Feel free to post which nutritional supplements you take, and any other treatments you have tried for fibromyalgia. It can be helpful to share our experiences with each other.

I am glad you have had such good results with acupuncture.

DonnaZ
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!