Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Monica S

5971 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Adland Support?
8/17/2008 2:01:42 PM

To further Bj's info...

When you have a spammer, and you attempt to ban them... but you cannot ban them - instead you get a message that says:

You cannot ban this person because this person is not a member of your forum

YET..  your forum is moderated (anyone can view, but only members can post)(not public)

Then HOW, and WHY, was the non-member of your forum (who also isn't on your friends list) even capable of spamming your forum to begin with?

And each time you delete their spam, they come back with more spam... and you cannot ban them..

So, here you have a moderated forum where only members are "suppose" to be able to post, yet fly by night spammers are managing to post in your forum, and you can't ban them...

Anyway, I have done something different.. so next time someone spams my forum, I'll find out if the "ban" works or not..

+0
Bj
Bj Burgess

4768 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/17/2008 2:11:56 PM

ROFLMAO @ Monica....Ok Folks, I know Monica real well, naturally. 

What's funny is, go back and read that last message about the spammer, and read it REAL FAST.   That's the way she talks when she gets excited.  And she types just as fast.

I am rolling over here.  because I can actually hear her while I'm reading this

+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/17/2008 2:28:33 PM

Now I have more info to work with.  If the reason for all this is a nasty spammer, then you ban the guy, give reason, and then go back and delete their post be sure to give reason. 

If they come back then that button on the left side there that says Report Abuse is your friend http://community.adlandpro.com/sendMsg.aspx?usr=forumadmin&ReturnUrl=%2foutbox.aspx leave the spammers post in your forum, Report Abuse and let the admin take care of the spammer for you.

As far as changing a forum to moderated, no clue.  I am sure Thomas, can fill you in on that maneuver.  Personally unless you have a very closed group and you are master minding, there is no need for a moderated forum.  If you expect honest opinions and discussions.

Jim

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Monica S

5971 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/17/2008 2:32:36 PM

If it were that simple.. it would not allow me to ban the person.

I received: You cannot ban this person because this person is not a member of your forum (when I attempted to ban them)

That is my "technical" issue... my BAN wasn't working!!!!

Last year, my "ban" button worked... this year it doesn't.

WHy?

+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/17/2008 2:39:27 PM

If they come back then that button on the left side there that says Report Abuse is your friend http://community.adlandpro.com/sendMsg.aspx?usr=forumadmin&ReturnUrl=%2foutbox.aspx leave the spammers post in your forum, Report Abuse and let the admin take care of the spammer for you.

The above can also be used if you are unable to ban them yourself.  It works I use it all the time.

Now the folks at ALP Support are doing their vacation cycles so support may be a bit linger than usual.  Normally they answer in 23 hours, currently it is about 72 hours.

I am here if you have more need of asistance.

Jim

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!