Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Here is the first tip on the 'Blog' page for everyone to see.
8/24/2005 1:46:46 PM
Have you ever thought about your personal security? I mean really thought about it? Are you as careful about your familys & your own personal security? Do you know how to make sure your family is more aware of their security? My darling wife & I have a personal & Home security webstore. We not only have customers that buy all their security products there, but get valuable information from us to. Our webstore can be found at. http://www.ptssafetystore.com Ordering is secure, & delivery in the Continetal USA is no more than 7 days. (no orders allowed from outside USA) That said, this post is still about security, & we will post useful information here to help everyone around the world feel like they can be more self-assured about their personal safety. ATM SECURTY ATM cash machines have been incorporated in our way of life. They offer a real conveniance to those on the run, but at the same time, offer an element of risk. Using an ATM machine safely requires awareness and a little planning. Just because an ATM machine is open and available 24-hours a day, doesn't mean it is safe to use it. Most ATM robber's are males under 25 years of age and most work alone. ATM robbers, usually position themselves nearby, waiting for a victim to approach and draw cash. Most ATM robbery victims are women and were alone when robbed. Most claim that they never saw the robber coming. Most ATM robbers used a gun, or claimed to have a concealed weapon when confronting the victim and demanding their cash. If you or your family members use ATM cash machines on a regular basis, here are some tips that can make the process a little safer. Use only ATM machines in a well lighted, high traffic areas. Don't use ATM machines that are remote or hidden such as being located behind buildings, behind pillars, walls, or away from public view. Beware of obvious hiding places like shrubbery or overgrown trees & bushes. ATM robbers like to have the element of suprise and no witnesses. Robbers like a good escape route, like nearby freeway on-ramps or high-speed thoroughfares.

Choose an ATM that looks and 'feels' safer, even if it is a couple of miles out of your way. Try and limit your use to daylight hours. Take someone with you after hours, if you can.
When you drive up to an ATM location, scan the area for any suspicious persons. If you see anyone suspicious standing nearby or sitting in a car, drive away.
When you approach an ATM on foot be prepared and have your access card ready. Memorize your personal PIN number to prevent loss and speed the transaction. After inserting your card and your PIN number, keep an eye out behind you.
Never accept an offer to help or a request for help from a suspicious male ahead of you at the machine. If anyone suspicious or seemingly dangerous approaches, terminate your transaction and leave immediately, even if it means running away and leaving your card in the machine. First, tell the suspicious male (or female) in a loud, firm voice to "Back-off" and leave you alone. This is designed to startle the person and give you time to flee, if appropriate. When you receive cash from the machine put it away immediately, extract your card and walk away.

If you use your car at a drive-thru ATM machine, the same rules apply. Keep the car in gear, with your foot firmly on the brake, while using the ATM machine. Keep a close eye on your rear and side mirrors during the transaction. Robbers almost always approach from the rear on the driver's side. If you see anyone approaching, drive off, even if it means leaving your ATM card behind.
If an armed robber confronts you, just give up your money without argument. The cash is not worth a serious injury or death. Get to a safe place and call the police immediately.

If lights around the ATM machine are not working, don't use that machine.
Avoid ATM machines adjacent to obvious hiding places.
Have your card ready and leave quickly, not counting your cash in public.
Beware of offers of help from strangers during an ATM transaction.
Don't fight with, or attempt to follow the robber.
Drive or walk to a safe place and call the police. We think thats enough to get this started.
+0
Leon Horton

444 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Here is the first tip on the 'Blog' page for everyone to see.
8/24/2005 2:23:03 PM
Anthony, Some very good advise and it deserves repeating often. Thanks, Leon
+0
8/24/2005 2:35:47 PM
WOW Thanks for all the information Anthony. I will keep this in mind. Please feel free to visit my websites below. Discover the Goodness! http://www.MyMangosteen.com/XtremeLife
+0
Paul Davey

488 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/24/2005 2:38:13 PM
Hi thank you for your advise, very sound. but please keep it together, your page that is? I have read the whole thing and agree, however having to down page every few seconds pees me off. so dont do it. Paul.
PAUL DAVEY aka Soldier Blue This is What all Clever Adlanders are doing now. You need to take a serious look at this.. We provide traders a simple, easy to follow binary option signal service that can be used with Nadex FREE TRAINING for the novice, easy to follow methods for winning trading binary options. So if you are learning trading or just want a reliable source of signals check us out.
+0
8/24/2005 2:59:40 PM
Sorry Paul, Also sorry to anyone else. I just copy/pasted from the blog & it came out like that. Will take more care net time....... Thank you for all the other comments thought, Paul & everyone else.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!