Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Well, you can lock me up here, no problem..!
7/25/2008 8:18:42 PM

Believe It Or Not - this is a correctional centre..!?!

This is the new Cook County Correctional Centre in Chicago, Illinois.

If you're contemplating breaking the law, do it in Illinois!

The quality of life for criminals has improved dramatically. Can you say the same for the ordinary law-abiding citizens, especially senior citizens or people on the breadline?

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Well, you can lock me up here, no problem..!
7/25/2008 9:34:04 PM

Hi John,

Right there with you.  Kinda gives new meaning to "3 Hots & a Cot"!  I'll bring the Videos, if you'll bring the Popcorn.  Bet Ol' Al Capone wishes he'd have been born a little bit later.

Is it just me, or is something TERRIBLY, TERRIBLY WRONG HERE?  Makes one wonder if the World's  gone completely crazy.  God please save us from the Bleeding Heart Liberals!!!

Have A Great Weekend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/26/2008 1:45:44 AM

Hi John & Phil,

Gotta agree with both of you. What is the world coming to when criminals, murderers, rapists, child abusers etc live in luxury??? Probably in better conditions then they lived in on the streets!

It seems that prisons are turning into big business all over the world. Many are run and owned by private corporations and rake in the big bucks. I guess they want a full house and make it an attractive place for the inmates to come to. JUST LIKE ANY GOOD HOTEL I GUESS.

John, you do realize that private business for prisons was first incorporated in England when the criminals were sent off to Australia??? The first privately owned prisons were a few ships where the prisoners were held and used for labor for added income for the owners. From those prison ships the first criminals were sent off to Australia as an experiment when they could no longer send them to the "colonies".

Thought this might interest you..

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
7/26/2008 11:03:15 AM

WOW!  On the one hand, it is brand new and so will have all the bells and whistles, and County Jail usually has more 'amenities' than The Big House.

On the other hand, I've seen apts that are smaller than those cells and in much worse shape, so I'm with you guys and ditto your statements.

Wonder how long it'll take for 'em to trash it?

+0
Jen
Jen Maxwell

658 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/26/2008 1:53:27 PM
Hello John,

I totally agree with you and Phil.  Will definitely keep $$ for air fare
to Chicago IF I decide on a life of crime!

When I think about all the parents and children in dire straits all
over the world, I could puke.  It makes my blood boil, but inmates
will find a way to trash the place in short order.

There is definitely something so rotten going on in this wonderful
world of ours, it makes me fear for my children and grandchildren.

Jen
Award Winning System cancels mortgage and debt interest on steroids! Without paying more each month! "The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something you know nothing about and refuse to investigate
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!