Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: The thing always happens that you really believe in...
1/9/2005 9:41:32 AM
"A person convinced against their will, is of the same opinion still!" That is absolutely true! Don't "sell"..."tell". People who want what you have to offer will step forward. Leave the others alone.
+0
Amalia Sotiriadou

69 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/9/2005 11:36:31 AM
Hmmm... so "the old boys' club" is alive and well then, Bogdan? That sort of puts a damper on the first, very inspiring saying. What you are telling me is that when it comes right down to it, it's not how much I believe in something, it's whether I can find "influential support" for it. Personally, I have always had an aversion to this type of "scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" mentality. I have had too many "prestigious people" give me nothing but lip service and a stab in the back at the first opportunity. I prefer to believe that if you want something badly enough and work hard and honestly for it, the Universe does conspire to make it a reality by placing you in "the right place at the right time" to help your hard work bear fruit. Endorsements are nice if you can get them, but let's not discourage evey "average Joe and Jane" that want to earn a good living from home but don't happen to have the connections! Amalia
Respect is not given - it is EARNED All the FREE stuff you need for your computer and a lot more! http://www.computerbom.net
+0
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Chat
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/9/2005 2:37:01 PM
Hi Amalia, I have given practical advice to Alan Murano's question who couldn't find enough people believing in what he is doing. The question wasn't about his own believes but believes of others surrounding him. The motto I have submitted applies to yourself only. You can't change anyone around you unless they themselves want this change. Further I have addressed his dilemma which wasn't about what he believes in but what he can do with it. He already believes in what he does, he just needs to direct his venture to more successful outcome. Having positive thoughts and believing in something is not enough for things to happen. You have to elicit specific emotions and actions based on your believes. The more you believe in something the more you will look for solutions to your challenges including asking for testimonials. The universe consist of people and events which will come across your path if you initiate some actions (in this case I have responded to his problem giving him some ideas). I didn't say that you should put testimonials on your site which are not genuine. I said that it doesn't matter if the testimonial is genuine for others to believe in it. I just said that to imply that this is the law. As an example: If an article appears about you in the newspaper, although nobody might endorse your service or product, you are being supported. Many people will believe in things which are said by recognized authorities, even though there is no intention to support you. You might be just a good story for today. This is what I meant by not genuine support. The better term would be "associative or indirect support". Another example Coca-Cola used to show advertisements with Michael Jackson sometime in the past. In fact Michael Jackson never said one word endorsing Coca Cola. He was just singing his songs. He doesn't even drink Coca-Cola. Was anything dishonest about one or the other? Nobody said anything yet desired effect has been achieved. People who liked Michel Jackson associated now Coca-Cola with him and liked it too. The more prominent is the person you ask for testimonial, the less likely you will receive it, which is a self regulating mechanism. This is why it works if you receive a testimonial from a known personality in your area. It is nothing wrong to ask somebody to review your site and ask for their opinion (which I have suggested) even if you had to pay for reviewing it. We have to be able to interpret philosophies and apply them to our lives in a practical way. If a philosophy can't be applied in any way to our lives, it is called utopia. Your note. In the twenty first century working hard and honestly is not enough. On top of this you have to work smart. You have to use proven techniques and ideas which worked for others. You have to constantly educate yourself. You have to be able to appreciate people who are successful (often rich) and admire them for what they did. The best way to appreciate them, is to learn what they did and just apply it to your own life. This can save you a lot of hard work. Bogdan Fiedur
Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0
1/9/2005 5:06:39 PM
Yes! Not only did I believe in projects that happened but the environment was not coducive to their success. As a Result, all my projects failed after many years of trying to make them succeed. Let me site one example: firmly belive that I have the gift of Creativity and as a ruslt I invented a number of things. I spent alot of money trying to develop them but all were stolen. It is my view that the development of the thinking of the people at large determines the success or failure of what you belive in. What's more, there is a saying that noting happens until the time is right. Again, I invented a Remote Meter Reading,Disconect and Reconnect System while I was working at the Bhamas Electricity Corporation here in the Bahamas. The G.M. made a number of excuses why it could not be used in spite of the fact that the Distribution Engineer recommended a Pilot Project. Twenty years later the Corporation bought and Installed a similar system. Again there must be a set of cirsumstances favourable to one's belief to for one to be succesful succeed. Rudolph
+0
1/9/2005 5:21:03 PM
Hi Bogden, Thank you for inviting me to your forum. The truth lies deep within the words you have quoted. I live in a valley where Frank Llyd Wright has marked his territory and is well respected in the community.(Tempe,Az.) Some of favorite quotes: Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort. - Franklin D. Roosevelt Do not wait for ideal circumstances nor the best opportunities; they will never come. - Janet Erskine Stuart It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop. - Confucius To some degree if you feel the words you will find the meaning and the answer. Thanks Again, Brett
Flood your Stormpay account with random $2.50 Payments! http://beam.to/Stormpay_Randomizer
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!