Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: What are your thoughts on cloning..?
7/11/2008 8:42:26 PM

Hi Jannette

Great yarn, lol. Did you know that married men are like parking spaces? All the good ones are gone.

I see by the picture that you've cloned me already  :-)  Actually, I was that ugly at birth, the doctor slapped my mother! 

+0
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/11/2008 9:22:26 PM

Hi Joe

Thanks for dropping in, mate. Yes, it's delving into the realms of science fiction I believe, Mulder and Scully territory.

Fantasizing here for a moment, how will normal born twins or triplets feel? They'll lose their identity when confronted with, what... crowdlets, bunchlets? I think I'll stop there, probably time for a beer...

+0
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/11/2008 9:25:52 PM

You're dead right there, Jannette, that's why original paintings cost more than copies.

+0
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/11/2008 10:14:52 PM

Hi Phil

Thanks for your extra input. I remember Christopher Reeve and his efforts in pushing stem cell research for himself and other people with spinal cord injuries. I believe this makes the research important and worthwhile if it will enable people to walk again after such horrific injuries. But I wasn't aware, from your articles, that the cells in trials are currently taken from aborted human foetuses. This raises the moral issue of indirectly sacrificing one life form to enable an existing life form to enjoy a less troubled and more normal lifestyle.     

+0
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/11/2008 10:50:25 PM

Hi Lorraine

It's interesting to hear about your work as an oncology nurse, it's a fascinating field. If medical science, in the future, allows someone to be able to hop out of a wheelchair after a spinal injury and back walking again, I'm all for it. There will always be differing opinions on the methods used to achieve those results, but we can't please everyone. 

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!