Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: What are your thoughts on cloning..?
7/11/2008 1:37:06 PM

Hi John,

I whole heartedly agree that stem-cell research does show great promise.  I do have a problem with their exploitation of people like Michael J. Fox and others, when they know that any possible help for diseases like Parkinson's Disease are years, if not decades away.  But the, that's politics.

If they can find methods by which to do the research without sacrificing Innocent Lives, then I'm all for proceeding, as rapidly as possible.  It is important to note that science is not standing still at the present. Without taking this step, science is leaping forward. Enormous advances are being made through non-embryonic stem cell research, as this is where all the cures are being found. Also, research methodologies are being developed to produce embryo-quality stem cells, without growing an actual embryo for a couple of weeks just to harvest it. See here and here for more details.

Thanks again for such a lively discussion.

Have A Great Weekend,

Phil 

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Jan
Jan Blair

81 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/11/2008 3:18:38 PM
Phil 
I agree with  you,  stem cell I believe to be of great use I was told if  I was to use a  stem cell it would  repair my heart.  Not sure if this is true  but it is interesting.  I know a lady that  has been using stem  product and it has as she said r e built her  back!!
  One thing I think everyone should be aware of is that  the plastic  drinking bottles are classing  female hormones  to enlarge breast in male  children and  men.  This is one of plastic surgeons biggest money  makers to day. Breast reduction on  men!!!
  The petroleum in the plastic bottles is  the  problem and it is  also causing more  wrinkles around  your mouth.
  here is an alternative.
 to great water.  http://janblair.myxziex.com/tour.php  and the great news is every one can have one  for just $34.00 a month  and that really is what most of us pay  for  special drinking water and we have to go out and  buy it. And having it delicered is more costly and again in plastic bottles 5 gallon jugs!!
This would be in the  home  or  office  24/7 just plug it in like and other applaince!!   Water from the Air!!  99.9 fresh and it is  recyceld every hour to be sure it is  fresh !! I just doesn't sit there getting stale. Thi s is definettly  green planet  friendly

RESTART YOUR LIFE is the Key to Your becoming Healthy, Wealthy and Wise! https://www.restartyl.com/jannetbl
+0
7/11/2008 4:18:29 PM

John, you're so good at throwing out excellent topics to discuss!

I think cloning sounds a little too much like Brave New World (novel by Alduous Huxley).  Joe had some really good comments about the issue.  As far as his boss wanting to clone him, well I don't know if the world is ever going to be ready for that  ;-)

I am totally in support of stem cell research.  When I worked as an oncology nurse I had the opportunity to care for people who would have their own stem cells stored for them so that their bodies could fight the side effects of chemotherapy more successfully, and I saw some pretty miraculous stuff. 

As far as using embryos, if the choice is to destroy them when they are no longer useful in the fertility clinics or use them for research, I say use them for research.  However, I believe we can make the same great strides by using different methods, also. 

+0
Jan
Jan Blair

81 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/11/2008 6:04:15 PM

Okay John you ask for it  here is the rest of the story

This is the only cloning I beleive  in ! Yep  This is it

click on this and enjoy...

http://d21c.com/terri1/flash/smile.swf

RESTART YOUR LIFE is the Key to Your becoming Healthy, Wealthy and Wise! https://www.restartyl.com/jannetbl
+0
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/11/2008 8:40:16 PM

Hi Jannette

Great yarn, lol. Did you know that married men are like parking spaces? All the good ones are gone.

I see by the picture that you've cloned me already  :-)  Actually, I was that ugly at birth, the doctor slapped my mother! 

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!