Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
What are your thoughts on cloning..?
7/9/2008 7:35:35 PM

Cloning is a very contentious issue. Some people would like to clone their favourite pets to have a ready-made replacement which may help them with their grieving. Wives may like to clone their husbands, but I wouldn't broach that question at my house on the grounds that I may not like the answer... lol.  

Anyone have any thoughts on the cloning issue..?

+0
Heidi Stern

607 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: What are your thoughts on cloning..?
7/10/2008 5:12:12 AM

LOL John,

Doesn't that picture say it all?

I am really thinking that cloning is a scary ideal.

Mainly for the reason that you know someone will inevitably use the power for negative purposes.

Heidi Stern ~ Your Friend in Wellness
+0
Jen
Jen Maxwell

658 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/10/2008 12:48:15 PM
Hi John,

I love the forums you come up with!  I would definitely clone
myself if I could drop 20 years from my age!  Is that possible?

Is it possible to clone people without their faults?  Let me know
about this as it's very important; there are so many including
me that could make use of this!

Are the 3 in the picture your relatives?  :-)   Keep up the great
........ uh.........work.

Your friend,
Jen
Award Winning System cancels mortgage and debt interest on steroids! Without paying more each month! "The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something you know nothing about and refuse to investigate
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/10/2008 6:14:48 PM

Hi John,

On this one, I am afraid I can't be very funny.

As far as Cloning Plants & Animals, Humans are given Dominion over them, as you can see here...

"And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth." Genesis 1:28

Therefore, I see no reason why it should not be used in Plants and Animals, especially where there is a benefit to mankind, such as less hunger or disease. 

In the case of Human Cloning however, the Bible draws a clear line between Animals and Humans, and gives us ethical guidelines.  Humans were created separately, in God's image, unlike the animal kingdom.

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." Genesis 1:27  

God allowed humans to kill animals, either for Food or for Sacrifice. Concerning other humans however, He gave the commandment:

"Thou shalt not kill." Exodus 20:13

Each fertilized egg, including those from Cloning, is a new Human Individual. Yet perfecting the Cloning Technique requires many experiments. Many individuals would be enabled to commence life, only to be deliberately destroyed.  This falls under the same Guidelines as Abortion and Stem Cell Research.

Finally, Humans are meant to have fathers and mothers, to be wherever possible the offspring of a Sacred Marriage relationship, the Family, as ordained by God. Thus the artificial Cloning of a complete Human Being, because it deliberately sets out to circumvent God's Will, is opposed to biblical principles.

My own view is that any research on Human Cloning is immoral at the present time and should always be immoral. To make the technique more efficient would require a great deal of experimentation.  To get this more refined would be at the expense of having deformed babies and the wholesale slaughter of the Innocents.  Thus, while it may be right under certain circumstances to Clone animals to benefit people, I think it is absolutely wrong to try to Clone Humans.

Thank You my Friend for the opportunity to share my views on this Vital Matter.

Have a Blessed & Beautiful Weekend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/10/2008 7:13:00 PM

Hi Heidi

I can't see any sane reason for cloning anyone or anything. It goes against the grain, in my opinion, it just doesn't seem natural. But the dogs do look funny, someone's false teeth maybe?

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!