Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Network Marketing? ..Get a Real Business
6/26/2008 4:29:50 PM

Hey Everybody

Here’s one for a HOT discussion and I’m sure we all share different opinions on this….maybe not. But I wanted to put this out there just to get some insight as well as give us all an opportunity to learn from one another.

During my first year involved in MLM and Network Marketing when I was running around like a mad man pitching my business opportunity to everyone in sight, I would sometimes get the comment “I don’t want to hear about this stuff, why you don’t get a REAL business”. It was sort of confusing to me because after all the rule is if I sign up as an independent distributor, I’m considered a “business owner”, independent, my own boss and I can conduct business the way I want to.

Even during my journey to learn how to truly build a successful business using effective marketing techniques, I would often run across the idea that MLM is not considered a real business in the professional business world simply because of the traditional marketing techniques that are practiced in this industry…actually they are the direct opposite of true professional marketing techniques.

So I was thinking. What makes an entrepreneur a true entrepreneur and what makes a business owner a true business owner. The first thing that comes to my mind is being the founder of the company, the sole proprietor; you own every aspect of the business …… just to name a few.

Are you truly a real business owner and entrepreneur if you are an independent distributor for an MLM company? If so, ask yourself the following questions:

1. What do you actually OWN if you’re an Independent distributor?

2. Do you OWN your downline or do they belong to the company?

3. If your associate agreement is terminated through some technicality, do you still receive commissions from the sales of your team or does it go to the company?

4. Are you truly a business owner or are you just a glorified sales rep for your MLM Company.

If you feel you are a true business owner as a MLM distributor, please share with us why?

If you feel that being an MLM distributor is not a real business share with us why? And, how we can become a true business owner as an MLM distributor.

I look forward to reading your comments. Lets discuss!  J

+0
Re: Network Marketing? ..Get a Real Business
7/20/2008 6:46:40 AM

You said: Even during my journey to learn how to truly build a successful business using effective marketing techniques, I would often run across the idea that MLM is not considered a real business in the professional business world simply because of the traditional marketing techniques that are practiced in this industry…actually they are the direct opposite of true professional marketing techniques.

I agree on this point, however, a business is not defined by the the marketing techniques that are used to market it.

1. What do you actually OWN if you’re an Independent distributor?

You don't own anything.

You don't own the company, and you don't own the product, therefore it makes no sense to spend all your time, effort and money branding something you don't own.

What you should own is the List.

You should be building a list, because that is where the money ultimately is.

2. Do you OWN your downline or do they belong to the company?

If you do list-building you'll always have access to that downline.

After all it's yours.

3. If your associate agreement is terminated through some technicality, do you still receive commissions from the sales of your team or does it go to the company?

Check the policy and procedures of each individual company.

4. Are you truly a business owner or are you just a glorified sales rep for your MLM Company.

If you build your business right, you're a business owner.

Clemente if you want to be more than a glorified affiliate for Mike Dillard's products, you need to start branding yourself as well.

Corrisa;-)

+0
7/23/2008 12:27:11 PM

Thanks Corrisa I appreciate your comments very valid points.

That is definitely the point i was trying to make. Most MLMers don't really have their own list which means they don't really OWN a business, but they think they do. As long as I have a list that I can market my products to as well as affiliate products, I will have a business regardless of what happens with my MLM company.

Building a business the right way is definitely the key to being a business owner. Marketing your own informational and affiliate products up front to build a list, generate leads, and even earn upfront cash is ideal to fund your marketing. This is the ultimate way to brand YOURSELF not your MLM company and to establish yourself as a leader.

Corissa, in no way do I seek glory in marketing Mike Dillard's products considering I have informational material of my OWN out there and is working on my OWN marketing system in the mean-time.

Did you know that the richest most successful internet marketers are well branded even though they market a variety of affiliate products? It is called Affiliate Marketing. Sounds like you might be familiar with it, however there is a way to BRAND YOURSELF and be a successful affiliate marketer. Its just another stream of income for me, which isn,t so bad :)

Clemente

+0
Lawrence Bergfeld

381 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/28/2008 5:22:03 PM

I think the best leads are when you develop your relationships with them because you get this know, like and trust factor. You feel more comfortable having conversations with them and they are more likely to become more committed & productive.

PS: Be A Mentor With A Servants Heart Lawrence Bergfeld 917-399-6207 lawrencebergfeld@gmail.com
+0
11/26/2008 3:55:08 AM
Wow!

It is good to see so many people taking initiative and giving us a good info on Network Marketing. Thanks a lot for sharing it...

The word network marketing has a great impact than any other business terms in the market today. Network Marketing or MLM is one way to add residual income to your life. Network Marketing online is all about increasing your visibility and being consistent with your message. Promoting and advertising your network marketing and MLM business online is challenging. There are many different ways to go about it. If you want to promote your business effectively, message boards and forums are a solid and proven way to do it.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!