Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Equally nasty one meant to be from Ebay
8/21/2005 10:14:51 PM
Corey. Yes, normally I would to, but this nasty evil piece of work has a hidden bonus for you, you get seriously infected with not one but three different types of viruses & trojans. Unless you have a very high level of Internet protection & expensive high speed virus protection software. (not just McAfee & Norton) Doing that will lead toyour PC being whitewashed. It will be as clean as your whites on laundry day. So that was why I warned everyone about this one & the PayPal one & did not put in the full URLs as I'm guessing a lot of Adlandpro members PC's would crash if they clicked on these email click able URLs. This seems to be a new breed of phishing scammers, getting together with the virus merchants.
+0
Re: Equally nasty one meant to be from Ebay
8/21/2005 10:20:13 PM
Arthur. These scams are not just from bored kids anymore. Large organsied gangs of criminals are using these tactics to get their hands on peoples identitys & then sell them to the highest bidders throught the Middle East & Eastern Europe. It is a pain to us to have an account wiped out to the tune of a few thousand dollars, but to people over there, it is a few years income. So to answer you, yes they are making money, big money. The last lot of figures I saw for the Nigerian scam mails was in the billions......
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!